Explorer Exchange
bl00dh0und9
Competent
Competent
CMDR: bl00dh0und9
CMDR_Platform: XBOX

Travel Updates/Photos [Travels Delayed Until Further Notice]

Postby bl00dh0und9 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:09 am

It's been several days now since I've begun my second long range journey after being forced to abort my previous attempt after taking heat damage only 2,000 LY out. I've learned my lesson since then. Do not attempt space travel when you are tired, falling asleep at the controls will not end well. Luckily I only took modular damage, but didn't want to continue like that since I hadn't gotten very far.
Since my most recent departure I am maybe about 3,500-4,000 LY away. Haven't seen anything of major interest other than a couple of Water Worlds. I have seen a few personal firsts though, like multicolored planets, an enormous crater hidden in the dark side of a planet, and my first landable body that was not a "perfect" sphere. Mostly due to my never getting close enough to view the planets, I'd approach until within detailed scan range, stop, scan, and move on. Those three sights have been enough to make me want to get a closer look more often now though.
I intend to travel the edge of the galaxy, but we will see what happens. I'm also debating if I want to try and reach the broken portions of the Outer Arm from the Perseus Arm, or just continue down towards the end of Perseus and then hop over to the next in line.
Last edited by bl00dh0und9 on Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

bl00dh0und9
Competent
Competent

Re: Travel Updates

Postby bl00dh0und9 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:43 am

Multicolored Planet

Massive Crater

Misshapen Body
Above the surface

bl00dh0und9
Competent
Competent

Postby bl00dh0und9 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:55 am

First Earth-Like World Discovered This Trip

bl00dh0und9
Competent
Competent

Postby bl00dh0und9 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:47 am

Quick orbital period (I think 1.5 Days) on these two gave me an opportunity to see this sunset in real time
ImageImage
ImageImage

Two moons orbiting their parent planet right along the edge of it's rings. Both have a 0.5 day orbital/tidal locked rotational period

bl00dh0und9
Competent
Competent

Re: Travel Updates/Photos

Postby bl00dh0und9 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:07 pm

After reading news about the encrypted message Unknown Probes apparently transmit, I've decided to head back to bubble earlier this week to see what all the fuss is about. I think while I'm here I'll also work on building up funding and my shipyard and look deeper into the engineers as well.

Return to “Explorer Exchange”