Explorer Exchange
Ghworg
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Ghworg
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Exploring easier after 2.1?

Postby Ghworg » Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:35 pm

The problem is that shooting and ramming are the only forms of interaction the game has with NPCs. I'd love it if FD would take advantage of some of the advances in chatbot technology and allow us to have "conversations" with NPCs, but at the moment laser comms is what we have.

Jeffers2112
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Jasper Randall
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Jeffers2112 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:06 am

As I'm over 30klys from Sol in an unarmed Asp explorer any encounter out here would have to be peaceful, unless I came across them on a planetary surface in my SRV. Even then my reasoning would be to talk first, and only shoot if attacked.

Looking at the NPC changes going on, I think I'll be staying well away from the bubble for a while yet....

Also I've recently installed EDDiscovery and EDSM, both make the exploration experience much richer.
I have tried doing a bit of trilateration to submit distances but I do find it a bit tedious.

Cometborne
Master
Master
CMDR: Cometborne
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Cometborne » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:29 am

Jeffers2112 wrote:I have tried doing a bit of trilateration to submit distances but I do find it a bit tedious.

That is no longer required with 2.1 because the netlogs now contain the system coordinates. Get yourself an account in EDSM, get a set of API keys, configure them in EDDiscovery, and enable up-/download to EDSM from EDDiscovery.
Dirty deeds done dirt cheap for reasonable prices

Schmobius
Master
Master
CMDR: Schmobius
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Schmobius » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:52 pm

I am happy with that, because I am far too lazy for trilateration.

Return to “Explorer Exchange”