Explorer Exchange
Jeffers2112
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Jasper Randall
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Change of plan

Postby Jeffers2112 » Sat May 14, 2016 2:58 pm

Well, I've been heading towards Beagle Point for nearly two months now and I'm still not half way, I keep finding things to look at along the way.
And now with the next expansion around the corner (I've been playing the Beta) there are things back in the Bubble I'd like to get involved in.
So I've reluctantly decided to give up on BP for now.
I'm already way farther out than I've been before and I'm still setting myself a target for the trip.
I've been working my way round the right hand side of the Galaxy (I'm roughly 14klys "east" of Sag A*) so I'm going to swing round behind and do a circumnavigation, coming back down the "west" side.
Hopefully I'll also earn enough to get to Elite exploration. I'm still not going to rush it though, but I would like to be back for the full release of Engineers, probably in June.

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Re: Change of plan

Postby Xebeth » Sat May 14, 2016 3:32 pm

Well Beagle Point will always be there, so it's not like you won't get another chance.

Fly Safe out there.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Riboflavin
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Riboflavin
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Riboflavin » Sat May 14, 2016 3:45 pm

Well, it's a fair decission to head back and enjoy the next expansion. After all it's all about having fun. And there is no need to grind your way through to Beagle Point. As Xebeth said, it will stay there and wait for the next attempt. 14 kLys is an impressive distance anyway.
A speedy and good travel back into the Bubble, Commander!

IronDuke
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Iron Duke

Postby IronDuke » Sat May 14, 2016 4:04 pm

Coincidentally, I'm 14KLY to the west of Sag*A, on my way back from DWE/BP. Don't feel guilty about going back. It's going to be an arduous journey otherwise. Go back have fun and BP might even have a starport when you eventually decide to return.
Distant Worlds Expedition 3302 | 65000 LY From SOL Club

Reo Creed
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Reo Creed

Postby Reo Creed » Sun May 15, 2016 1:16 am

Cool.. Stay out there.

Have you thought of getting a second account?

Then you could have the best of the bubble and being out in the "sticks" . :ugeek:

Reo

Jeffers2112
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Jasper Randall

Postby Jeffers2112 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:24 pm

Well, I've not been too impressed by the latest patches so I'm in no hurry to get back.
My latest project is to survey a bit of the Galaxy in detail.
I've based myself by a Neutron star in an area of high star density, around 30,000 light years from Sol.
I'm looking at exploring as many of the stars that I can in the area so I'll end up with a little bubble with my CMDR name all over it.
It's a region that seems to have been pretty much ignored so far, if the maps on EDDiscovery are referenced.
There are quite a few Neutron stars and other interesting stuff around here, I've found one Earth-like so far and lots of Water worlds.
So I'll spend a bit of time here before heading back, that Elite status for Exploration is looking promising on my return......

Hrdina
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Hrdina

Postby Hrdina » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:40 am

Jeffers2112 wrote:So I'll spend a bit of time here before heading back, that Elite status for Exploration is looking promising on my return......

Excellent. Best of luck. Roll the bones.
Jameson & Son are my copilots

Return to “Explorer Exchange”