Halfway Halfassed Tour: Organizing and Logistics.

Explorer Exchange
Cmdr Chemtrail
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Brassik
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Halfway Halfassed Tour: Organizing and Logistics.

Postby Cmdr Chemtrail » Sun May 08, 2016 2:53 pm

Stage 2 medium run. We can always stop at Maia for repairs. ( Obsidian Orbital ?) and a visit to the black hole for those that haven't seen it.

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Loriath » Sun May 08, 2016 3:25 pm

Also please vote to decide if we should use a Discord Server or TeamSpeak if you have not already voted.

Please vote here: http://www.strawpoll.me/10098561

Thanks.
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

Susanna Saunders
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Susanna Saunders

Postby Susanna Saunders » Sun May 08, 2016 5:59 pm

[quote="Loriath"]The people who organized the Distant Worlds voyage have done all the hard work for us for finding meetup locations. Below you will find their list of meetup locations. I am suggesting we don't reinvent the wheel and use their work. The only change I suggest is that we leave from Azrael.

*Sorry for the Formatting, could not find a way to do it as a table. If anyone knows how to do that here, please let me know.

► Show Spoiler

I suggest using MS Excel and posting it onto a Cloud service like Dropbox:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rxp1ndvk1nhad ... .xlsx?dl=0

I've copied the data in the first couple of spoilers into this spreadsheet - feel free to download it. Not sure if you can edit and re-upload though. Perhaps someone could make a suggestion? Perhaps a Dropbox account created just for the expedition info that everybody could access?

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Loriath » Sun May 08, 2016 6:26 pm

Susanna Saunders wrote:I suggest using MS Excel and posting it onto a Cloud service like Dropbox:

I've copied the data in the first couple of spoilers into this spreadsheet - feel free to download it. Not sure if you can edit and re-upload though. Perhaps someone could make a suggestion? Perhaps a Dropbox account created just for the expedition info that everybody could access?

No MS Excel here, but I do have access to a spreadsheet program. I like the Dropbox account idea, but since the itinerary has not been finalized, here should suffice for now.
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

Susanna Saunders
Harmless
Harmless

Postby Susanna Saunders » Sun May 08, 2016 6:41 pm

No MS Excel here, but I do have access to a spreadsheet program. I like the Dropbox account idea, but since the itinerary has not been finalized, here should suffice for now.[/quote]

Its possible to use Google to view spreadsheets (but harder work that way)...

Susanna Saunders
Harmless
Harmless

Postby Susanna Saunders » Sun May 08, 2016 6:50 pm

[quote="Loriath"]Although I am still working on the itinerary, I wanted to present my idea with a current list.

I am calling this the Zoological Nebula Tour.

----

I'm still playing catch-up here! I Very Much like the sound of what you are suggesting! Just printing it all off and then going to spend some time this evening in the game map looking at all of this... so that I understand what you are suggesting. But on paper, it sounds excellent!

As for duration, I'm happy with 2-3 months...

We will need some latitude so that we don't all end up scanning the same systems and then not get the rewards when handing in because someone has got back before us... (as mentioned in another related link). So a slow enough pace that people can go off and explore and then come back to the meeting pts...

I checked out Discord and it looks ok - can we arrange a meeting there for say, next weekend so that we can have a preliminary discussion on all of this?

OK - guess I had better go and look this route/s up in the ED game map!

Mega Big Thanks for doing so much hard work on this!!! Very Impressed!

Susanna
~~~~~~~

Susanna Saunders
Harmless
Harmless

Postby Susanna Saunders » Sun May 08, 2016 7:36 pm

I am calling this the Zoological Nebula Tour.

You have clearly done your homework!!! I Love It!!! These all have plenty of usable stars for refuelling nearby (star types M and above in the Map filter i.e. L, T, Y, Proto, Carbon, Wolf-Rayet, White Dwarf and non-sequence stars can't be used to refuel - turn these off if you want to refuel). Best value planets to scan are the Non-sequence stars (neutron / black holes) and the Wolf-Rayet, White Dwarf stars.

Also need to take a surface scanner if you want your name plastered on any discovered systems/planets etc...

Ultimate Exploration Tutorial
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bUXHhMjX0c

Many of these places will have already been explored to death I suspect but as a nooby explorer, first time out to see the wonders of the Galaxy - this looks like a Great Nebula Tour to start!

Guess you want waypoints etc etc now?

I'm really crap at using the ED map but happy to help where I can. Just let me know what you need!

Susanna
~~~~~~~

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Sun May 08, 2016 7:47 pm

Loriath wrote:
Susanna Saunders wrote:I suggest using MS Excel and posting it onto a Cloud service like Dropbox:

No MS Excel here, but I do have access to a spreadsheet program. I like the Dropbox account idea, but since the itinerary has not been finalized, here should suffice for now.

Google docs work for this.
And you can moderate access levels so only a few can change things.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Cmdr Chemtrail
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Brassik

Postby Cmdr Chemtrail » Sun May 08, 2016 8:24 pm

Susanna Saunders wrote:Many of these places will have already been explored to death I suspect but as a nooby explorer, first time out to see the wonders of the Galaxy - this looks like a Great Nebula Tour to start!

You wont need to travel far off the beaten track to find new systems. :) I was surprised how many i found on my first trip out of the bubble to the Horsehead nebula a couple of weeks ago. Even if the system has been discovered there's a good chance its not been completely tagged or even completely scanned. Believe it or not people go exploring without an adv system scanner.

thebs
Master
Master
CMDR: thebs

Spreedsheets: Just use 2003 XLS and be done with it

Postby thebs » Mon May 23, 2016 3:48 pm

Susanna Saunders wrote:No MS Excel here, but I do have access to a spreadsheet program.
Everyone using MS Office should be setting up their program to save to "2003 XLS" (technically version 11, 2003 for Windows, 2004 for Mac) formats by default. That way they always work the same in every MS Office version since 2003. The suite will tell you if you need to use a newer format to save some attributes, but for 80% of creations, the "2003 XLS" format usually works, and is universally compatible ... especially with MS Office itself. ;)

► Show Spoiler

Susanna Saunders wrote:Its possible to use Google to view spreadsheets (but harder work that way)...
It would be nice if Google stuck with its promise to produce ISO OpenDoc 2006 for all components.

► Show Spoiler
CMDR TheBS - Yet Another Middle Aged American (YAMAA) and Extremely Casual Gamer often confused for a Total Noob

Return to “Explorer Exchange”