Explorer Exchange
IronDuke
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Iron Duke
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Strange systems ..

Postby IronDuke » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:32 pm

I'm slowly limping back to the Bubble from Beagle Point and just about reached the outer western arm of the Galaxy ~55,000 LY from SOL. As part of my course plotting I happened across and interesting system which.. "(Requires Unknown Permit)", so I cannot plot any course through it. Very strange, as why would a system so far away from the bubble in unpopulated space require me to obtain a permit?? Pure supposition of course but I'm wondering if this is a place holder for something coming up in a future expansion: Thargoid bases/Engineers/Dev Team new home?? Who knows, it might just be me going space crazy.. :P

Here's a quick link if you're interested: PRAEI2 SO-P D6-40 .. pretty much applies to the entire PRAE system.

UnknownPermit.png
UnknownPermit.png (163.21 KiB) Viewed 1820 times
Distant Worlds Expedition 3302 | 65000 LY From SOL Club

Primeh
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Primeh

Re: Strange systems ..

Postby Primeh » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:15 pm

Theres actually quite a few swaths of space that are permitted off. The usual speculation is that they are indeed place holders for specific things FD want in the game at some point in the future.

There are a couple large chunks and several smaller ones scattered about the galaxy

Like you say the obvious one would be a Thargoid empire? Seems most likely for one of the sectioned off locations. Maybe the 'missing colonies', and the Generation ships perhaps for the smaller ones. Only time will tell :)

IronDuke
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Iron Duke

Re: Strange systems ..

Postby IronDuke » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:33 pm

Primeh wrote:Theres actually quite a few swaths of space that are permitted off. The usual speculation is that they are indeed place holders for specific things FD want in the game at some point in the future.

There are a couple large chunks and several smaller ones scattered about the galaxy

Like you say the obvious one would be a Thargoid empire? Seems most likely for one of the sectioned off locations. Maybe the 'missing colonies', and the Generation ships perhaps for the smaller ones. Only time will tell :)

Thanks for clarifying .. at least I'm not going space crazy .. 4.. 3.. 2.. 1.. Engage .. [Jump] .. (I'm seeing this in my sleep now) ..
Distant Worlds Expedition 3302 | 65000 LY From SOL Club

Return to “Explorer Exchange”