Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Gauging Interest and signing Up: Halfway Halfassed Tour

Postby Loriath » Sun May 08, 2016 3:24 pm

I have added you both to the list.
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

Susanna Saunders
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Susanna Saunders
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Susanna Saunders » Sun May 08, 2016 9:28 pm

I'm in the Mobius PVE group, but I'm happy to switch to the other one if that's where the people are, I don't actually know which is which.[/quote]

Please correct me if I'm wrong here - but I believe the Mobius group is Europe based and the Mobius PvE group is USA based (time zone wise).

Otherwise identical...

But we probably want to all be in one group I think to enable us meeting in a single instance of ED?

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Sun May 08, 2016 10:11 pm

Susanna Saunders wrote:Please correct me if I'm wrong here - but I believe the Mobius group is Europe based and the Mobius PvE group is USA based (time zone wise).

Otherwise identical...

But we probably want to all be in one group I think to enable us meeting in a single instance of ED?

You're right. Mobius is Europe, and Mobius PvE is the Americas. The two groups are split into those general time zones.

It's easy for one of us to create our own private group for the tour participants to meet in. I have one, and I believe that Loriath does as well. It won't be a problem. :)
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Susanna Saunders
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Susanna Saunders

Postby Susanna Saunders » Mon May 09, 2016 5:56 am

JohnLuke wrote:
Susanna Saunders wrote:....ED?

You're right. Mobius is Europe, and Mobius PvE is the Americas. The two groups are split into those general time zones.

. :)

Does that mean I should cancel my membership to the mobius PvE group as I'm in the UK? At the moment I'm in both.

salokcinksuc
Harmless
Harmless

Postby salokcinksuc » Mon May 09, 2016 6:28 am

Susanna Saunders wrote:
JohnLuke wrote:
Susanna Saunders wrote:....ED?

Does that mean I should cancel my membership to the mobius PvE group as I'm in the UK? At the moment I'm in both.

Yes. The Möbius group was split into Möbius and Möbius PVE because it broke the membership limits inherent in the game. So you should just just the one that fits with your playing times.

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Mon May 09, 2016 11:06 am

salokcinksuc wrote:
Susanna Saunders wrote:
JohnLuke wrote:

Yes. The Möbius group was split into Möbius and Möbius PVE because it broke the membership limits inherent in the game. So you should just just the one that fits with your playing times.

Yes, exactly. ^^^^ :)

Some people live in one area but due to their work / life schedule, play in the other private group. For instance, if you work overnight and live in the US, you probably play E-D when the Euro guys are on-line.

Just determine which one is better for you and leave the other group please.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

de Carabas
Master
Master
CMDR: de Carabas

Postby de Carabas » Mon May 09, 2016 12:23 pm

Add me to the list as well. Given the direction NPCs are going for 2.1 I'll need to make sure the exploraConda has a few more teeth though!
Rename your screen shots automatically! - Screen Shot Changer Visit MartianFire for more info.

Gorf
Master
Master
CMDR: Hardy

Postby Gorf » Mon May 09, 2016 3:53 pm

Loriath wrote:...First scan does not provide for the ability to have shared discoveries. Anyone can scan, first to sell gets the First Discovered By tag....

His something changed since this update?
When in the same system as your wingmen, exploration data is awarded for all wingmen present, allowing the entire wing to profit.
The first person to hand the data in is eligible for any bonus payment, but if the data constitutes a new discovery, all wingmen present in the system when the body was scanned will be listed as the discoverers.

Would love to join in the fun, but I don't have Horizons - don't know if that makes a difference to instancing.

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath

Postby Loriath » Mon May 09, 2016 6:59 pm

Gorf wrote:His something changed since this update?
When in the same system as your wingmen, exploration data is awarded for all wingmen present, allowing the entire wing to profit.
The first person to hand the data in is eligible for any bonus payment, but if the data constitutes a new discovery, all wingmen present in the system when the body was scanned will be listed as the discoverers.

Would love to join in the fun, but I don't have Horizons - don't know if that makes a difference to instancing.

Horizons only means you can land on planets. Does not keep you from coming along and exploring and having fun. I will add you to the list. Euro or USA group?

And I have no idea if that quote is still accurate. I have never seen multiple names on a discovered by. Maybe the first sell sets the name, but the wing shares the bonus. Not sure. And you have to be in the same wing at scan and sale. Might be hard to achieve for long trips unless you are a real dedicated wingman.
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

Don Vito
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: V. Corleone

Postby Don Vito » Mon May 09, 2016 7:13 pm

CMDR V. Corleone, USA

Looking forward to putting on my trucker cap and joining the convoy.
Leave the plasma accelerator, take the food cartridges.

Return to “Explorer Exchange”