Explorer Exchange
Susanna Saunders
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Susanna Saunders
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Gauging Interest and signing Up: Halfway Halfassed Tour

Postby Susanna Saunders » Wed May 04, 2016 1:02 pm

Loriath wrote:Halfway Halfassed Tour: Organizing and Logistics Thread.

It is almost to the point where I have to make a long Exploration Trip to get that elusive Elite Rank. So, I was thinking about all the fun I have had with the A-Team, and wondered if there were others that may want to join it on a trip to Sag A. as a group?

My Idea is that a bunch of us follow the path of those that went before us on the Distant Worlds trip and use their information to plan a trip to Sag A and back. Just like them, we would have a set schedule of meetups on each world and would allow lots of time for travel, exploration of the area, and keep the self-induced space madness from setting in.

The reward for such a trip might be Elite Rank for some of us, some Fun, some Credits, or maybe just a change of scenery.

If others would be interested, and wonder what it would take to do this, you can check out this thread, and in particular, this post which lays out the stops they made and the timeline they used. We can adjust to suit our needs as far as timeline, but we would keep their meeting stops.

Of course it would require a bit of planning and a little bit of commitment on the part of anyone that joined in, but I think that for some of us that get a little bored doing something like this solo this would be a much better way to make the trip and gain some rank and credits.

If anyone is interested, please make it know here and I will start a list of people that want to take part.
Also indicate if you would like to help with planning the dates and meeting points.

Added: Please state which group you are in as it may make a difference in the planning.

Once I have an Idea of how many are up for it, we can start planning the trip and working on the dates.

And if it only ends up being a couple of us, we can do it anyway! :D

List of Commanders Interested in Partaking and TZ
==========================================

Loriath - Euro
charlie2alpha - Euro
TorTorden - Euro
Xebeth - Euro
thebs - USA
IronDuke - Euro
JohnLuke - Euro (Access to both as Mod)
pargyrak - Euro
Roger Wilco Jr. - USA
Ghworg - Euro
Darwin - Euro
Dudley_Dawg - Watford :P
Jasper Randall - Euro
Halo Jones - ??
Susanna Saunders - Euro
(but just joined so I'm in both mobius groups at the moment)

Don't mind helping out with some of the organisation. Only been playing ED for four months so still a nubbe. Susanna S.

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Loriath » Wed May 04, 2016 3:25 pm

Susanna Saunders wrote:Susanna Saunders - Euro
(but just joined so I'm in both mobius groups at the moment)

Don't mind helping out with some of the organisation. Only been playing ED for four months so still a nubbe. Susanna S.[/quote]

Added to the list, and any help is welcome. Check the Organization and Logistics thread and put for some ideas if you have any.
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

Halo Jones
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Halo Jones

Postby Halo Jones » Thu May 05, 2016 8:20 pm

Loriath wrote:
Halo Jones wrote:Surething. Well I'd be up for a SAG A trip. ( not SAGA cruise ;) )

Added. Which side? Euro or USA?

Yoyo. ( Ireland )

Mikey D
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Mikey D

Postby Mikey D » Thu May 05, 2016 8:47 pm

Yes, go on... count me in.... CMDR Mikey D, currently stuck on a roundabout in the Swindon system.....

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous

Postby Loriath » Thu May 05, 2016 9:28 pm

Mikey D wrote:Yes, go on... count me in.... CMDR Mikey D, currently stuck on a roundabout in the Swindon system.....

Oh great! Who let HIM in???

:P
Good to see you back Mikey. Added.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~

salokcinksuc
Harmless
Harmless

Postby salokcinksuc » Fri May 06, 2016 8:07 am

Greetings to you all,I've been observing your antics now for some time, wondering, considering, and just plain wishing. So having an opportunity to join with a bunch of 'nutters' flying off into the great unknown really is a no brainer.

I'm a UK based nut who really needs more time, 24 hours in a day just isn't enough to do all the things I do. I'll drag my piffling Python, kicking and squealing all the way to the Centre of the galaxy and back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous

Postby Loriath » Fri May 06, 2016 9:54 am

salokcinksuc wrote:Greetings to you all,I've been observing your antics now for some time, wondering, considering, and just plain wishing. So having an opportunity to join with a bunch of 'nutters' flying off into the great unknown really is a no brainer.

You Sure? We be real nutters. Not those fake nutters, or Nutter Butters in that fact.

I'm a UK based nut who really needs more time, 24 hours in a day just isn't enough to do all the things I do. I'll drag my piffling Python, kicking and squealing all the way to the Centre of the galaxy and back.

Sounds like prime material to me. Welcome Aboard!
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~

salokcinksuc
Harmless
Harmless

Postby salokcinksuc » Fri May 06, 2016 4:00 pm

Loriath wrote:
salokcinksuc wrote:Greetings to you all,I've been observing your antics now for some time, wondering, considering, and just plain wishing. So having an opportunity to join with a bunch of 'nutters' flying off into the great unknown really is a no brainer.

You Sure? We be real nutters. Not those fake nutters, or Nutter Butters in that fact.

Sounds like prime material to me. Welcome Aboard!

Don't you worry none about my nuttiness. I been out in the midday sun, just like a true Englishman.

Cmdr Chemtrail
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Brassik

Postby Cmdr Chemtrail » Sun May 08, 2016 7:56 am

Cmdr Chemtrail Euro Mobius bringing along my Asp ex

KLED
Novice
Novice
CMDR: KLED

Postby KLED » Sun May 08, 2016 2:56 pm

I've never done any real exploration before, my surveyor rank just came from holding the trigger on the discovery scanner during my travels/trading. I was planning on putting together a Courier to get into exploring in the next few days, so if you want someone who doesn't have a clue what he's doing tagging along with you, sign me up!

I'm in the Mobius PVE group, but I'm happy to switch to the other one if that's where the people are, I don't actually know which is which.

Return to “Explorer Exchange”