Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Gauging Interest and signing Up: Halfway Halfassed Tour

Postby Loriath » Mon May 09, 2016 8:08 pm

Don Vito wrote:CMDR V. Corleone, USA

Looking forward to putting on my trucker cap and joining the convoy.

Added, but Trucker caps are for Truckers. Explorers wear Pith Helmets. Though I can't say I ever saw a Pith Helmet that has NASCAR embroidered on it :P Might be a new Trend....
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

Gorf
Master
Master
CMDR: Hardy
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Gorf » Mon May 09, 2016 10:09 pm

Loriath wrote:
Gorf wrote:His something changed since this update?
When in the same system as your wingmen, exploration data is awarded for all wingmen present, allowing the entire wing to profit.
The first person to hand the data in is eligible for any bonus payment, but if the data constitutes a new discovery, all wingmen present in the system when the body was scanned will be listed as the discoverers.

Would love to join in the fun, but I don't have Horizons - don't know if that makes a difference to instancing.

Horizons only means you can land on planets. Does not keep you from coming along and exploring and having fun. I will add you to the list. Euro or USA group?

And I have no idea if that quote is still accurate. I have never seen multiple names on a discovered by. Maybe the first sell sets the name, but the wing shares the bonus. Not sure. And you have to be in the same wing at scan and sale. Might be hard to achieve for long trips unless you are a real dedicated wingman.

I'm in the UK, so Euro group.

The quote from when Wings was first added would suggest that first discovery bonus credits go to the first seller, but fist discoverer name credits go to everyone in the system and wing at the time of discovery.

I may nip out with my son and put together a few tests to see how it works. You don't have to head too far out to find undiscovered planets, and for test purposes, the systems don't even need to be valuable.

Don Vito
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: V. Corleone

Postby Don Vito » Wed May 11, 2016 5:53 pm

Loriath wrote:Added, but Trucker caps are for Truckers. Explorers wear Pith Helmets. Though I can't say I ever saw a Pith Helmet that has NASCAR embroidered on it :P Might be a new Trend....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jclPWidTfak

:)
Leave the plasma accelerator, take the food cartridges.

thebs
Master
Master
CMDR: thebs

Postby thebs » Wed May 11, 2016 9:38 pm

After the two (2) CGs, I'm probably looking at 30M credits in my bank. That's enough to buy a fully kitted Asp Explorer, without having to sell my D+ List Python (related thread). So whenever 2-3 other Americans want to head off to the core every other night during the evenings US EDT, I'm game. Just let me know in the coming weeks, and we'll see if we can hook up.

BTW ...
Loriath wrote:
Don Vito wrote:CMDR V. Corleone, USA
Looking forward to putting on my trucker cap and joining the convoy.
Added, but Trucker caps are for Truckers. Explorers wear Pith Helmets. Though I can't say I ever saw a Pith Helmet that has NASCAR embroidered on it :P Might be a new Trend....
I'd prefer mine with Jake embroidered. Although Jake is clearly A-list, and I'm D-list. ;)

Although I like the little photoshop work from the photo at the most recent Le Mans ...

CMDR TheBS - Yet Another Middle Aged American (YAMAA) and Extremely Casual Gamer often confused for a Total Noob

thebs
Master
Master
CMDR: thebs

Stowaway on Jaques?

Postby thebs » Thu May 12, 2016 4:17 pm

Possible half-way, half-@$$ option?
- viewtopic.php?f=5&p=60809#p60809
thebs wrote:Update: https://community.elitedangerous.com/ga ... 6f57f3e221

"Jaques Station is expected to depart for Beagle Point in the next few days."

I wonder if we can stay aboard Jaques, and start from Beagle Point? Yes, I'm serious. That would be one way to go. ;)
CMDR TheBS - Yet Another Middle Aged American (YAMAA) and Extremely Casual Gamer often confused for a Total Noob

Hawkertech
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Hawkertech

Postby Hawkertech » Wed May 18, 2016 12:40 am

May be interested depending on the departure schedule, I am also signed up for the CNE starting june 11. Hawkertech usa

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath

Postby Loriath » Wed May 18, 2016 6:06 am

Hawkertech wrote:May be interested depending on the departure schedule, I am also signed up for the CNE starting june 11. Hawkertech usa

No idea what the CNE is, and we have no date set as of yet, but it will be after 2.1 drops and we all have time to play with it and the possible Exploring Bugs are patched. Seems to me each major update gives us a few bugs that affect exploring.

I added you to the list.
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

Cometborne
Master
Master
CMDR: Cometborne

Postby Cometborne » Wed May 18, 2016 6:35 pm

The CNE is the crab nebula expedition that is being organized via the Frontier forums via this thread. Start is on June 11th, arrival at the crab pulsar is planned for July 9th. DWE on a smaller scale, with "only" 10 kLY travel distance and "only" 200+ participants.

But while I am at it, I'd like to sign up for the halfway halfassed tour as well. Medium length for now, Horizons available, and in the Euro group.
Dirty deeds done dirt cheap for reasonable prices

KRRONOSS
Competent
Competent
CMDR: KRRONOSS

Postby KRRONOSS » Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:40 pm

I'd love to go exploring with the group. Currently trying to grind out Fed rank. When is this convoy departing (or have i missed the space boat)?
Astronomy compels the soul to look upward, and leads us from this world to another.

Plato, The Republic, 342 BCE.

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:06 pm

KRRONOSS wrote:I'd love to go exploring with the group. Currently trying to grind out Fed rank. When is this convoy departing (or have i missed the space boat)?

It starts later today! Here's Loriath's post with the details.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Return to “Explorer Exchange”