Explorer Exchange
Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Gauging Interest and signing Up: Halfway Halfassed Tour

Postby Loriath » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:37 am

Halfway Halfassed Tour: Organizing and Logistics Thread.

It is almost to the point where I have to make a long Exploration Trip to get that elusive Elite Rank. So, I was thinking about all the fun I have had with the A-Team, and wondered if there were others that may want to join it on a trip to Sag A. as a group?

My Idea is that a bunch of us follow the path of those that went before us on the Distant Worlds trip and use their information to plan a trip to Sag A and back. Just like them, we would have a set schedule of meetups on each world and would allow lots of time for travel, exploration of the area, and keep the self-induced space madness from setting in.

The reward for such a trip might be Elite Rank for some of us, some Fun, some Credits, or maybe just a change of scenery.

If others would be interested, and wonder what it would take to do this, you can check out this thread, and in particular, this post which lays out the stops they made and the timeline they used. We can adjust to suit our needs as far as timeline, but we would keep their meeting stops.

Of course it would require a bit of planning and a little bit of commitment on the part of anyone that joined in, but I think that for some of us that get a little bored doing something like this solo this would be a much better way to make the trip and gain some rank and credits.

If anyone is interested, please make it know here and I will start a list of people that want to take part.
Also indicate if you would like to help with planning the dates and meeting points.

Added: Please state which group you are in as it may make a difference in the planning.

Once I have an Idea of how many are up for it, we can start planning the trip and working on the dates.

And if it only ends up being a couple of us, we can do it anyway! :D

List of Commanders Interested in Partaking and TZ
==========================================

Loriath - Euro
charlie2alpha - Euro
TorTorden - Euro
Xebeth - Euro
thebs - USA
IronDuke - Euro
JohnLuke - Euro (Access to both as Mod)
pargyrak - Euro
Roger Wilco Jr. - USA
Ghworg - Euro
Darwin - Euro
Dudley_Dawg - Watford :P
Jasper Randall - Euro
Halo Jones - Euro
Susanna Saunders - Euro
Mikey D - Euro
salokcinksuc - Euro
Chemtrail - Euro
KLED - USA
de Carabas - Euro
Gorf - Euro
V. Corleone - USA
Hawkertech - USA
==========================================
Last edited by Loriath on Wed May 18, 2016 6:06 am, edited 23 times in total.
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

charlie2alpha
Expert
Expert
CMDR: charlie2alpha
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Gauging Interest: Halfway Halfassed Tour

Postby charlie2alpha » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:46 am

Although I should work on my Combat rank, that's something I'll keep doing anyway even later so I'm in no hurry. On the other hand, exploration is generally lonely and boring so hell, I'll jump at the prospect of doing this with a group!

Count me in, I just want to know what kind of ship to bring (ASP? Anaconda? any of the two? will an SRV be required?) and we can depart when everyone is ready.

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:21 am

Sag a* seems to serious for us.
Unless it was a binge starting at eravate and we simply wake up next to the great annihilator, hangover style.

I was thinking of maybe trip to the heart and soul nebula's at just under 10k out, should be possible to go out, take some pics and honk the horn in time for the CG to end.

With this group though, I would consider anaconda. and eight buggies at least...

Seriously, the A-teams top three utterances are:

"I need to refresh my beer"
"I need to take piss"
Then followed by.
"I think I can jump that.

In general, yea I can be up for something like that.
I probably will end up self destructing half way but that wouldn't be off par for the A-Team :D

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous

Postby Loriath » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:34 am

charlie2alpha wrote:Although I should work on my Combat rank, that's something I'll keep doing anyway even later so I'm in no hurry. On the other hand, exploration is generally lonely and boring so hell, I'll jump at the prospect of doing this with a group!

Count me in, I just want to know what kind of ship to bring (ASP? Anaconda? any of the two? will an SRV be required?) and we can depart when everyone is ready.

Well considering a Sidewinder made it (with help) to Beagle point, I think you could bring whatever you wanted. And I think and SRV would be helpful but not a necessity. I have not decided if I will take the Arnie the Connie, or Drakes Hind (my Asp). I think it depends on the size of the group.

TorTorden wrote:Sag a* seems to serious for us.
Unless it was a binge starting at eravate and we simply wake up next to the great annihilator, hangover style.

I was thinking of maybe trip to the heart and soul nebula's at just under 10k out, should be possible to go out, take some pics and honk the horn in time for the CG to end.

With this group though, I would consider anaconda. and eight buggies at least...

It would be on par for the A-Team, but I think this is a "Anyone" is welcome. I will even behave myself and not shoot someone in the face with missiles as is the standard greeting. :P

As far as too serious, Maybe for the great BOB, but for the rest of us mere Mortals, probably not.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~

de Carabas
Master
Master
CMDR: de Carabas

Postby de Carabas » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:38 am

TorTorden wrote: I probably will end up self destructing half way but that wouldn't be off par for the A-Team :D

I've often wondered - does the 'A' stand for anything in particular? :D

I would love to participate in the trip but my game hours fit around daughters' homework (must get more laptops) and wife disapproval threshold. I'm also about to be away with work for the next week so will miss out on this and probably the start of the beta :(

Shame really as I'm Pioneer +23% so really would like to make that big push....
Rename your screen shots automatically! - Screen Shot Changer Visit MartianFire for more info.

charlie2alpha
Expert
Expert
CMDR: charlie2alpha

Postby charlie2alpha » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:55 am

de Carabas wrote:
TorTorden wrote: I probably will end up self destructing half way but that wouldn't be off par for the A-Team :D

Hmm, something like "Asshat-team" me thinks :D

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:03 pm

charlie2alpha wrote:
de Carabas wrote:

Actually that's exactly what it stands for (no joke)
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous

Postby Loriath » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:04 pm

charlie2alpha wrote:
de Carabas wrote:

Ding Ding ! Winnner! :P

Oh and let us know what group you are in as it may make a difference for the planning. I have taken the liberty of adding Tor and I to the Euro side. Charlie? Euro or USA?

de Carabas, I am aware of the drop of the Beta, so I doubt we will be going anywhere before it drops, and depending on our planning and decisions, maybe till after 2.1 drops. Is there a chance that you can take part at your own pace and make the meetups if we schedule on weekends? Just trying to get a feel for things at this point.

Hey Xebeth, I know you are heading back, but interested in reliving your trip? :?:
Last edited by Loriath on Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:06 pm

Great, now you decide to do this, after I've hauled by arse to Sag A* and 2/3 of the way back on my own.

Grumble, grumble, grumble, selfish, grumble
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous

Postby Loriath » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:07 pm

Xebeth wrote:Great, now you decide to do this, after I've hauled by arse to Sag A* and 2/3 of the way back on my own.

Grumble, grumble, grumble, selfish, grumble

I didn't see you offer the rest of the A-Team to join you, or to seek permission in the first place, so you have no grounds for being grumpy, except that being grumpy is your natural state... :P

And just for the record, this is not an A-Team thing, this is a "Hey I have an Idea" thing. I have no idea if Dawg, Kharma, or anyone else is interested in this.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~

Return to “Explorer Exchange”