Explorer Exchange
Digga
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Digga
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Future expeditions

Postby Digga » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:01 am

By now I am sure a lot of commanders will know about the Distance Worlds expedition, which is soon to come to an end.
If anyone missed it but would like to have been on it, here are some words from Erimus who is one of the organisers.

The following was posted on Discord by Erimus.

@everyone Just to keep you all in loop of some changes coming to the Distant Worlds comms on Discord.

Shortly the server will be renamed to "FleetComm"

We're hoping you'll all remain active in the Discord channels once Distant Worlds is over. A great community has been created here, and we want to see it continue to flourish.

It is hoped that this place will be home to other major expeditions that players organize too. Effectively explorers will have one central communication hub where at a glance, players logging on can see what expeditions are currently on-going, whats in the pre-planning stage, and how you can join and take part. At its basic level it will at least have a 'lets-wing-up' option for casual players that just want to find others online and go out on a trip together - something that hasn't been there prior to DW as far as I know.

FleetComm will also be used for the next Distant Worlds Expedition too (if there's enough demand to organize one), and as founding members you're all automatically invited to anything DW-related.

But other expeditions organized and run by other players and groups will be welcome to use FleetComm as their primary communication network too, and pitch their ideas and plans to the exploration community that's already here.

So it will no longer be a purely Distant Worlds communication network, but will embrace the wider exploration community and welcome new events, ideas, and expeditions.
@everyone For example, once the next Horizons upgrade has been released (scheduled this summer), there is talk of an expedition out to the Formidine Rift. We are therefore creating a new channel on here called "Formidine Rift", and will begin inviting players from the Rift thread to come join this community to begin preparations for this summers planned events. So if you see a "Rifter" in their channel chatting about the mysteries that await them out there, please pop in and say hello.

Another new channel called "Returning Home" will be open too, to discuss the various ways to travel home from Beagle Point.

Existing DWE FleetComm members (i.e. you) will have automatic access to all the relevant channels that appear here over the coming days/months/years.

FleetComm will also act as the gateway into Kamzel group, which as you know is now an invitation-only group geared toward exploration.

Fly safe o7.

aaphebus
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Re: Future expeditions

Postby aaphebus » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:30 pm

Last edited by aaphebus on Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Digga
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Digga

Re: Future expeditions

Postby Digga » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:08 pm

aaphebus wrote:But I sincerely hope they will be more events like that

Yes expect there to be more events.

I should have pointed out in my original post that Erimus's post on Disord includes comments about the Discord DW server becoming a hub for other expeditions and future DW expeditions, at least that is the intention.

So it will no longer be a purely Distant Worlds communication network, but will embrace the wider exploration community and welcome new events, ideas, and expeditions.
For example, once the next Horizons upgrade has been released (scheduled this summer), there is talk of an expedition out to the Formidine Rift. We are therefore creating a new channel on here called "Formidine Rift", and will begin inviting players from the Rift thread to come join this community to begin preparations for this summers planned events.

Return to “Explorer Exchange”