Explorer Exchange
Jeffers2112
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Jasper Randall
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Time for another trip out there....

Postby Jeffers2112 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:52 pm

Well I've had a play with Horizons. The planetary landing stuff is OK but hasn't really grabbed me yet.
I had a trip out with my Python to do some exploring and collecting of materials and salvage which was fairly profitable.
Then had a fancy for some bounty hunting and had a play out with my Vulture for a bit, good fun too.
But when I think about it, it's more exploring that I need, so it's time to dust off my trusty Exploration Asp, the "Golden Hind"
I've had a bit of a tweak with the layout to allow for the Horizons extras, like taking an SRV.
Otherwise she's a pure explorer - no weapons or cargo space, but with shields, a couple of repair modules and a heatsink launcher in case of accidents.
So I'm off again, with over 33 lys jump ability I've gotten out of the bubble very quickly and now I'm just looking for a destination to catch my interest.
I've done Sag A and I don't feel the need to repeat that, but I'm thinking I might fancy a circumnavigation of the Galaxy, perhaps trying to get to Beagle point on the way.
That should keep me busy for a while, and as I'm at Pioneer 42% already I would hope to make it to Elite this trip.
Sag A took me three months for the round trip, not sure how long I'll be away this time....might be back for Christmas!

Mlat Hromovlad
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Mlat Hromovlad
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Time for another trip out there....

Postby Mlat Hromovlad » Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:02 pm

Good luck out there Cmdr

i left the bubble at the end of february, only for a short visit to VY Canis Majoris, and was planning to be back for 2.1, only to find out it will be realeased in the June.

So last week i left Crab Nebula behind, and im slowly moving toward Heart and Soul Nebulas thru the area, where my 33ly is not enough to move closer to the far rim of the galaxy.

Than im planning to join guys that are exploring formidine rift......but who knows really.

Exploring is probably the best part of Elite eperience for me, the only problem is, that is higly addictive.

buksida
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Levenson

Postby buksida » Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:44 am

Exploring definitely grabs you, I get bored too quickly in the bubble so only go back there to make a few creds now and then to plan the next trip out.

Currently about a third of the way to Sag A* in my Asp (also with 33ly max jump), have been travelling since early Feb and dont expect to be back for a few months yet!

Daniel Dakota
Expert
Expert
CMDR: DanDak

Postby Daniel Dakota » Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:44 am

Might see you out there folks, bring moooore beer :) my consumption rate has rocketed since the vacuum loo started talking to me,
and I only have 2500 donner kebabs left, unless I find the exceptionally rare kebab fruiting rock soon I'm done for, I've posted my will in a passing blue police box (that bloke was wierd).

I'm about 10 Kly from BP I think, I don't trust that map thingy so I'm using an old paper map I borrowed from some old boy with a funny hat.

Fly Wibble :)

PS, don't bring Tea, there's shed loads out here ^^

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:10 pm

5785ly out and traversing the Byua sector. I'm still going but the urge to turn around is very strong, on the bright side the voices are quite entertaining.

We are thinking about starting a Barber's Shop Quartet, well four of us are, one of the others thinks they can modify the engines to increase the jump range, but I'm not sure I trust them, last time they said our SC speed would be improved by removing the cockpit canopy, but we took a vote and decided to keep it in place.

The ship's cat seems to have settled down now and is happily hunting mice, I assume it's mice, the scratching must be coming from somewhere after all.

It is a bit stuffy in here though, I wonder if I drill some holes in the sides it would improve ventilation?
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Jeffers2112
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Jasper Randall

Postby Jeffers2112 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:40 pm

It would appear that while being mad is not compulsory for explorers, it definitely helps.....
Getting well away from the bubble now, collected three Water Worlds and one Earth-like so far.
Interestingly it would appear that I've a few friends who are explorers, my galaxy map has a few well scattered green icons as well as the expected cluster in the bubble.

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:21 pm

Jeffers2112 wrote:It would appear that while being mad is not compulsory for explorers, it definitely helps.....
Getting well away from the bubble now, collected three Water Worlds and one Earth-like so far.
Interestingly it would appear that I've a few friends who are explorers, my galaxy map has a few well scattered green icons as well as the expected cluster in the bubble.

Between you and me I think some of the voices may well indeed be mad, but there are enough of us sane ones to keep an eye on them. On a more positive note the self destruct button has been replaced with a "Free Ice Cream" button, but I'm told it's only doing chocolate flavour which I'm not so keen on, so I'll leave it for the moment.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Return to “Explorer Exchange”