agiftforclowns
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: agiftforclowns
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Got Bitten by the bug.

Postby agiftforclowns » Sun May 08, 2016 6:40 am

And made it home.

Stopped off in Azrael to dump all that exploration data of. Rafferty's Mobius is a pretty swanky place. Not sure how, but I'm quite suddenly an Ally of The Order of Mobius after that.

I must have tickled some bean counters funny bone with all that data I guess.

Refueled...refitted. And I'm off to return to the jolly old Alliance section of the Bubble again.

This was all a blast and a half.

Cometborne
Master
Master
CMDR: Cometborne

Postby Cometborne » Sun May 15, 2016 7:52 am

Loriath wrote:If your not on PC, then I have no idea.

Set throttle to zero, charge jump drive, boost when the "throttle up to engage" message appears. Jump countdown starts when the speed is about 2/3 maximum, and you arrive in the target system with throttle set to zero still.
Dirty deeds done dirt cheap for reasonable prices

SNIPE
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: MARK SNIPE

Postby SNIPE » Mon May 16, 2016 9:26 am

I have also returned agiftforclowns, mind you my run was not as long, but I started at the top of the bubble , went randomly out. After going a few thousand out, i dived down and hooked it around to the nebulae, payed a visit to witchshead nebulae, seagull nebulae, pleiades neb and a few others I can't remember off the top of my head. I finally made my way back to Fehu. I parked it up there for a while to recover. Nice place.

What a nice trip though, I landed on many planets and went for a spin, ran into some mining base out on one place. stole all their loot, since no one was around lol. I also discovered around 40 or more systems as a first discovery by me.

Back in the bubble, headed for home which is Aulin, but I am not really enjoying being back. I think I am going to make a new home outside the bubble. I kind of enjoy being out in the black expanse.

Time to make some more money and save up for another ship, not sure what.
Also I added you agiftforclowns to friends list in game. At least I think I did.

agiftforclowns
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Postby agiftforclowns » Mon May 16, 2016 3:08 pm

Yeah back in the Bubble.

I actually had to relearn how to dock with stations. My trip out wasn't that long, but it felt oddly hard docking with stations again.

I'm gonna chill in the Bubble for abit. Then maybe go out again, but this time go straight down. Head for points below the galactic plane. I've read about them and also been looking at the Galaxy map on it. If I'm not mistaken there is a huge swath of old Neutron stars and ancient stellar mass black holes way down below the galactic plane. That might be my destination when I head out next.

I'll check out my friendslist SNIPE. See if that request came through.

SNIPE
Harmless
Harmless

Postby SNIPE » Wed May 18, 2016 6:02 am

Cool, that sounds like it will be a nice trip. I have just been saving my credits and decided to buy an ASP. I am now the proud owner of an ASP explorer. Also I ended up selling the T6, sad to see it go, we have been through a lot together. But after comparing the ASP and T6, the ASP is basically a sports model of a T6 in all areas. Armored, weaponized, combat ready, longer jump range and almost the same cargo size is possible.

I can't see myself going back to a T6 unless its for a throw away.

agiftforclowns
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Postby agiftforclowns » Wed May 18, 2016 3:25 pm

Ha yeah sounds about right when it comes to the asp explorer. Upon returning to the bubble and moving my operations down to azrael and exoice i refitted my own asp. A little playing around with modules and i now have a decent 32 and change light year jump range.

I think you'll like that asp snipe. There are ships that have longer ranges. Like the conda which can get 50 lightyears and beyond i think but the asp is good to start

SNIPE
Harmless
Harmless

Postby SNIPE » Fri May 20, 2016 1:48 pm

What's your time zone, agift ? Interested in winging up for a joint venture? I too want to break in my new ASP on some neutron stars. Hmm, that didn't sound too good!

Also, come to think of it, that black dark warping I saw in one system I mentioned before must of been a black hole. I had no idea lol. Just thought of it after reading over the exploration guide on alpha-orbital. Now I have to go back out and actually scan one.

Oh and your right agift! I really am enjoying the new ASP. Mighty fine. I don't know if I really want an Anaconda, but the Python is looking more like my kind of ship. I really want to go exploring in that. That might be end game ship for me.

agiftforclowns
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Postby agiftforclowns » Fri May 20, 2016 2:03 pm

I'm away from my main rig right now. I'll have a few hours tomorrow on Saturday. I'm in Mountain Time Zone. Alberta Canada to be honest. I'd love to wing up if my time wasn't put to work right now. I'm a substitute teacher and there's alot of work going on right now.

Yes, the ASP is a prime ship. Not to expensive, and modifiable enough to make it really useful. I'm saving up money for my next purchase. I'm hearing really good things about the Fer De Lance when it comes to bounty hunting. Maybe sometime later in the next month I'll have enough time to head back out into the black. I've been in and out of my place in the city, I haven't had alot of time to actually take the time to play.

SNIPE
Harmless
Harmless

Postby SNIPE » Fri May 20, 2016 2:48 pm

Ah ok, oh well all good. After midnight where I am. About 2000Ly from you in Sydney, Australia. So I guess that won't work out to well!

agiftforclowns
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Postby agiftforclowns » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:16 pm

I've been planning a new trip.

This time I want to do something a little more scientific. I really doubt it's a thing in ED. But I'm curious now, is there anything at KIC 8462852, the infamous Tabby's Star aka WTF Star. I know it's out near Deneb aka Alpha Cygni.

I highly doubt there's anything out there, and I'm not sure if anyone has gone to look in ED yet. Might be interesting to head that way.

Return to “Explorer Exchange”