Explorer Exchange
HAMM3R
Expert
Expert
CMDR: HAMM3R
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Farewell, Core region

Postby HAMM3R » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:32 am

I'm now officially leaving the Core region behind. Sag A* is already 10K Ly away and ahead lies an endless sea of dusty, old red dwarves.

Plan is to visit Flyai Flyuae AA-A H20 nebula, continue ahead to take a peek at the intergalactic void somewhere at the rim and then wiggle my way back to populated space along the Sagittarius Arm.

Scooping fuel is very much like making love to a beautiful woman. First check the target is hot enough,
then approach slowly. Once close enough, pull out your scoop and fill her up. After you're done just
gently pull away, turn around and leave.

de Carabas
Master
Master
CMDR: de Carabas
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Farewell, Core region

Postby de Carabas » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:47 am

Safe journey back! What's your best find so far?

I just started heading out of the bubble again and have got 3k ly's out and now realised that I forgot to pack a AFM unit (doh!) :)
Rename your screen shots automatically! - Screen Shot Changer Visit MartianFire for more info.

HAMM3R
Expert
Expert
CMDR: HAMM3R
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Farewell, Core region

Postby HAMM3R » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:23 am

de Carabas wrote:What's your best find so far?

Going for the cool factor here since I've no idea what they're worth in CR :lol:

Up there would be a blue-white supergiant. 484 solar radius and entry point 2000-something Ls out. Biggest star I've come across.
► Show Spoiler

This gas giant had binary moons orbiting so close, the other one was actually IN the rings. Also the rings themselves moved really, really fast.
► Show Spoiler

This was pretty cool and intense. A black hole-red giant binary and of course I landed in the middle of it.
► Show Spoiler

Then there'd be some Wolf-Rayets, 10 solar mass black holes, a 24 solar mass Herbie, an ELW orbiting a gas giant with water-based life. And a ton more I can't remember. The fact that I suck at documenting my encounters doesn't really help either.
Scooping fuel is very much like making love to a beautiful woman. First check the target is hot enough,
then approach slowly. Once close enough, pull out your scoop and fill her up. After you're done just
gently pull away, turn around and leave.

Return to “Explorer Exchange”