Explorer Exchange
Mongorians
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Mongorians
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Anaconda explore build.

Postby Mongorians » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:15 am

TorTorden wrote:An AFM cannot repair itself, hence why you still want two of them :P
One to repair the other, they don't weigh anything either but one of them can at least be super tiny.
You could also for instance power both and repair modules faster, rather handy imo for repairing life support, since you have a finite amount of that.
Although it's a little crazy how turning off life support for 40 seconds is such a disaster.

Now if we could just get a way to refill our life support systems..

It is funny that you mentioned this. I just used a build that encompassed what both of you had and ended up having to figure out on my own that an AFM cannot repair itself. it was good that I have two since im around 4k LY away from sol right now lol.

CMDRBuxton
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Buxton

Postby CMDRBuxton » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:46 am

Also, B rated AFMs have the most ammo of all the classes. A rated are faster but considering you'll hopefully never need to use it that's of less consideration than the amount of ammo you can carry.

Qu1cks1lva
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Qu1cks1lva

Postby Qu1cks1lva » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:51 am

TorTorden wrote:
Extra fuel tanks only cause the nav computer to plot shorter jumps, regardless whether you have a full tank or not. And I have never been anywhere that is more than two jumps in range of a scoopable star, might have to deviate once but that's the most of it.

The key thing here is the trade off. I am currently using a double sized fuel tank (so 64 not 32T)

The net effect is a 5% reduction in jump range to 33.6+ LY from 35.3+ LY in this case which is marginal, but being able to jump twice as far/twice as many times on 1 tank makes the journey much smoother (less likely to divert, less need to max out scooping at any one star and risk overheating).

Smoother journeys work for me as I am often chatting with wingmates while exploring so I don't have to focus on fuel state so much ^_^
[To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under heaven]
Eccl. 3.1

^_^

Mongorians
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Mongorians

Postby Mongorians » Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:01 am

Qu1cks1lva wrote:
TorTorden wrote:
Extra fuel tanks only cause the nav computer to plot shorter jumps, regardless whether you have a full tank or not. And I have never been anywhere that is more than two jumps in range of a scoopable star, might have to deviate once but that's the most of it.

The key thing here is the trade off. I am currently using a double sized fuel tank (so 64 not 32T)

The net effect is a 5% reduction in jump range to 33.6+ LY from 35.3+ LY in this case which is marginal, but being able to jump twice as far/twice as many times on 1 tank makes the journey much smoother (less likely to divert, less need to max out scooping at any one star and risk overheating).

Smoother journeys work for me as I am often chatting with wingmates while exploring so I don't have to focus on fuel state so much ^_^

Which is exactly the way I had built the conda when I posted this thread. It worked out very well.

hagz
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Hagz

Postby hagz » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:54 pm

currently sat 300Ly above Sag A* in my conda i have 2 AFMU's do not see the need for anymore when i can simply land on a planet and get materials to resupply them. I do not see why Victoria's conda has 4 of them (unless the vehicle hangar has no SRV's loaded)

http://coriolis.io/outfit/anaconda/05A5 ... nal%20Buld

this is my build the 7B scoop works wonderfully i have 128t of fuel too as i am heading rimwards and may need a bit more fuel to get to another scoopable.

one thing that some people do fail to realise is that AFMU's and Fuel scoops do not affect jump distance as they are 0T in weight.

Return to “Explorer Exchange”