Hrdina
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Hrdina
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Gravy Train has derailed...

Postby Hrdina » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:27 am

Walter wrote:
Edddelos wrote:And just in case anyone missed this Elite Dangerous is not a quick game, its a dedicated game.

And yet 50m credits an hour seems so much like instant gratification.

I'm glad I'm not the only CMDR that thought that...
Jameson & Son are my copilots

Edddelos
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Edddelos
CMDR_Platform: PlayStation

Postby Edddelos » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:54 am

Hrdina wrote:
Walter wrote:
Edddelos wrote:And just in case anyone missed this Elite Dangerous is not a quick game, its a dedicated game.

And yet 50m credits an hour seems so much like instant gratification.

Yes, but lets not make the game too easy. Whats the fun if it becomes so easy you take the dangerous out of the game. Hell why don't they just give you a Federal Corvette with 10 billion CR right at the start?

Hows that for instant gratification?

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby TorTorden » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:26 pm

Edddelos wrote:
Hrdina wrote:
Walter wrote:And yet 50m credits an hour seems so much like instant gratification.

Yes, but lets not make the game too easy. Whats the fun if it becomes so easy you take the dangerous out of the game. Hell why don't they just give you a Federal Corvette with 10 billion CR right at the start?

Instant perhaps. But not very gratifying.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:17 pm

I remember the early days when it would take a guy 6 months or more just to get a decently outfitted Python.

Money making has gotten soooo much easier in this game (even outside of these cash cow locations) that's it's really not a challenge to earn the credits needed for much of anything anymore.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

*Al*
Master
Master
CMDR: *Al*

Postby *Al* » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:59 pm

JohnLuke wrote:I remember the early days when it would take a guy 6 months or more just to get a decently outfitted Python.

Money making has gotten soooo much easier in this game (even outside of these cash cow locations) that's it's really not a challenge to earn the credits needed for much of anything anymore.

('Tell that to the youth of today and they wooont believe you')

And yet money becomes (for some) a point scoring system when the other merit badges have been won.

Hrdina
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Hrdina

Postby Hrdina » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:44 am

Edddelos wrote:
Hrdina wrote:
Walter wrote:And yet 50m credits an hour seems so much like instant gratification.

Maybe I wasn't clear in what I wrote; 50M CR/hour to me seems like instant gratification because it's almost easy to make that much money, especially if you're willing to exploit certain game design decisions. I think that the game's already too easy in a lot of ways.

It took me 3 years to get my Corvette, and I still haven't earned my first billion CR.

JohnLuke wrote:I remember the early days when it would take a guy 6 months or more just to get a decently outfitted Python.

I think it took me a good bit longer to buy my Python, forget about outfitting it. The oldest Python photo in my screenshot folder is from Dec 2015.
Jameson & Son are my copilots

knight76
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Knight76

Postby knight76 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:55 am

Not sure about them changing the distance multiplier for those PAX missions.

The station I just moved away from was still offering $9+ million runs to it's long supercruise destination. Not sure if people are just knee jerking from Fdevs announcement and assume it is all done.

I never board hopped even once, I just filled up my ship with whatever passengers I could, jumped between stations a few times to pick up extra missions and headed out. Most I earned was $37 million for one trip.

Anyway, those missions are still available, or were last night.

Return to “Trader Talk”