Trader Talk
JustSomeGuy
Master
Master
CMDR: Murhapuro
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Smuggler idea

Postby JustSomeGuy » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:23 pm

Does chaff delay the scanning? I would imagine it only works on weapons as it won't remove the target lock.
Heat sink works, but I'm not sure about silent running. Some say it works, some say it doesn't. Of course the easy way is just to undock and test. Twice. Once before the scan starts, and another try right after the scan starts.
I play on PC, in the Mobius PVE Eurasia group.

knight76
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Knight76
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Smuggler idea

Postby knight76 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:27 am

I routinely boost in to the station through the slot, inbound and outbound. Works fine, rarely have a scan actually finalise.

My typical method is to line the station up in supercruise, end supercruise then immediately boost engines, request docking, boost again and that gets me pretty much right at the stations cage you fly through to enter. If no scan so far I just stroll in, if scan started whilst boosting in, I line up and boost in to the station. Immediately cut engine power, rotate ship 180 degrees as I float through the station and hit 100% throttle once pointed back towards the front of the station. Great fun, never hit anything.

I mis aligned my boost outbound once and boosted directly in to the side of the space station just above the slot from close range in my Python, lost all shields and 40% hull. Can't imagine the refugees gave me a good customer satisfaction score upon disembarking.

This heat sink idea of popping heat sinks. Your talking about when silent running yeah? You can just rock up with all systems on, not in silent running, and pop heat sinks if a scan arises can you?

Return to “Trader Talk”