Trader Talk
Corsaire31
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Cyol Serkor
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: General trading thoughts and tips

Postby Corsaire31 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:28 am

And where is the pleasure and satisfaction of discovering them yourself ? :)
For trading I use Commander's Log and the only data inside has been entered by me. But I never thought Elite was about making Credits as fast as possible... ;)
Last edited by Corsaire31 on Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The best proof that extraterrestial intelligences exist is that they never tried to contact us"

CMDR_COENEN
Competent
Competent
CMDR: COENEN

Postby CMDR_COENEN » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:03 pm

Well, my target is a T9... and it does cost a little bit of Cr :D

Corsaire31
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Cyol Serkor

Postby Corsaire31 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:34 pm

No problem, to each his own. :)
For me Elite is the same as a ride with my motorcycle : it's not the goal which is the most important, it's the road to get there. ;)
"The best proof that extraterrestial intelligences exist is that they never tried to contact us"

Commiekaze
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Commiekaze

Postby Commiekaze » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:56 am

Corsaire31 wrote:No problem, to each his own. :)
For me Elite is the same as a ride with my motorcycle : it's not the goal which is the most important, it's the road to get there. ;)

Agreed. In fact, I wrote this thing so that people don't need to rely on other commanders or public tools to be effective traders. Once the official APIs release, this may all change.

CMDR_COENEN
Competent
Competent
CMDR: COENEN

Postby CMDR_COENEN » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:15 am

The API will change a lot. Can't wait for FD to implement something like that.
I use a mix between the tools and the in-game information. The reason is not maximisation of profit but to have an overview of the local market. Something that isn't really available with the in-game tools currently. The import/export list on the market data would be very useful but it's often incorrect and it does not say to / from what stations in said system.

General Specific
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: General Specific

Postby General Specific » Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:51 pm

I have a nice 25 system trade route running rares, amounts vary from visit to visit but generally on the full route with 2 sell points I can make 3 million with 80 tons in an ASP. All sorts of systems so there is a chance to grab some bounties and do some missions if you get bored. Aiming for 100 million and currently at ten so I think a couple of weeks at my rate of play should do it.

Happy to share if anyone is struggling.

Scian Dearg
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Scian Dearg

Postby Scian Dearg » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:44 pm

From the main forums, Yokai has put together a guide to finding a good trade route. Useful info for all those budding traders out there, 3rd party tools have not been so accurate since the SL reset last week. Link attached may be of use.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=91538

Telengo
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Telengo

Postby Telengo » Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:26 pm

General Specific wrote:I have a nice 25 system trade route running rares, amounts vary from visit to visit but generally on the full route with 2 sell points I can make 3 million with 80 tons in an ASP. All sorts of systems so there is a chance to grab some bounties and do some missions if you get bored. Aiming for 100 million and currently at ten so I think a couple of weeks at my rate of play should do it.

Happy to share if anyone is struggling.

I would be very interested to know your route. I am currently running the Leesti to Witchhaul, which is about 13 or so systems this one. Just got a A4 FSD for my T6 so would not mind getting more jumps in and a bit more money to push along for an Asp.

General Specific
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: General Specific

Postby General Specific » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:45 pm

ok, starting at Any na, libby, then leesti, george lucas. orrere, sharon free. Uszaa, Guest. Diso, shifnal. Lave, lave. Zaonce, ridley then off to neritus, toll ring.
39 Tauri, porta. Fujin, Futen, sell everything from any na to zaonce but hang onto the neritus berries. Wolf 1301, saunders. Witchaul, hornby. Momus reach, tartarus, sell the neritus berries. Tanmark, cassie. Utgaroar, fort klarix. Epsilon indi, mansfield. Altair, solo. Zeezzze, nicollier. George Pantazis, zakam. Xike, zhen and back to any na to sell. Rinse and repeat.

Wacth out in orrere, uszaa, utgaroar and wolf 1301 as they are all anarchy systems and if you are running unsheiled you may wnat to miss these out.

Good trick in orrere and uszaa though, check the BB and they usually have a mission to but 2 slaves. You can buy them at the station and then sell them and make 20K! Pays for the fuel if nothing else :-)

See you in the verse.

Telengo
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Telengo

Postby Telengo » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:50 pm

Thank you very much Sir. I will give that a run.

See you out there.

Return to “Trader Talk”