yah-ta-hey
Novice
Novice
CMDR: yah-ta-hey
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: trading for the new commanders

Postby yah-ta-hey » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:02 am

hi ho...
just touching base here... the unknown is fantastic.... 28 Million in exploration data and only 9000 ly from Colonia. Headed in the general direction.

GOT TO COLONIA... 59 million in exploration, made a mistake with a black hole... after getting the credits and ended up losing my vessel that I had purchased. started back at ground zero 22000 lights years away. got a sidewinder... scooted over to Jameson, bought another python for mining and am picking up that and trading again.
"I WISH I WAS A SPACEMAN, THE FASTEST GUY ALIVE" BUT I AINT .
with apology to fireball XL-5. :)

yah-ta-hey
Novice
Novice

Postby yah-ta-hey » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:32 pm

TRADE IN COLONIA:

Greetings from Colonia.... I frog hopped my way across the galaxy via the core path.... 189 million in exploration credits on arrival.... WOW!.
transferred all my vessels up here to RATRI: colonia dream. This is a place that has 17 ships available... no pythons :x , no vultures or imperial or federal ships.. you gotta bring them in on your own. also no high end equipment options... gotta cart those in also. Good old Rural Space.
There are far more settlements here than I dreamed of.... Last time it was Jaques station only... now I have counted 10+ stations, astroid bases, and planetary settlements. goes from research/service centers to military bases with industrial, refinery, tourism stations scattered around.
No engineers...... YAY!!!!!. pretty much what elite should be like in my honest opinion, not that it is worth a plug nickel by hey, I like it.

much of my trading reports will now circle around colonia for a while.

take care and enjoy.

yah-ta-hey
Novice
Novice

Postby yah-ta-hey » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:28 am

https://cdb.sotl.org.uk/
Good link to what is out at Colonia and area.
Far Far more places to checkout than I thought. Gonna have fun.

yah-ta-hey
Novice
Novice

Postby yah-ta-hey » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:22 pm

Just finished my 6th trip to Colonia but this time with a load of rares.
Landed at CVolonia-Jaques station.
turned in my rares:
the following numbers are profit credits:
leather eggs...25785
azure milk...17557
disma corn ... 15997
uszanian tree grub ....16253
lavian brandy... 20148
leestian evil juice... 16044
the Waters of Shintara ... 20201

The old adage: the further you go , the more valuable they are is not true;... very disappointed in these profits.
Reccommend that rare tradings be kept in the bubble.

yah-ta-hey
Novice
Novice

Postby yah-ta-hey » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:07 am

HOLA!! HOPE YOU ALL HAD A GREAT XMAS OR WHATEVER YOU CELEBRATE AT THIS TIME OF YEAR. MINE WAS GREAT... A lot has happened since my last check in.... joined a wing... that didn't turn out so great. did several community programs... ditto... a lot of delivery for little reward. also found article in INARA about rares and it said that 167 ly is about as far as you want to go with a rarity. the price then either levels out or increases very very slightly .. so far nothing over 21K/ ton. Good thing to know. If I had known that ,,, I wouldn't have gone 22000ly to make a delivery.

Silly me. I have found over 58 rare sites and more are being added daily... in INARA , there is an article that lists ALL of the rarities or you can check a system out and find what rarity is worth picking up and delivering.
Also ranked up and am only 2 ranks from my granddaddy federal ship but I couldn't stand the tedium of deliveries between 2 planets out in the great wilds of the backwater area. Currently half way to SAG A and I plan on going beyond it if my asp will let me... you see, I have a 5 day bounty hunt on my head from Felicia Winters. as long as I am out there in the great void, I imagine no one will be able to find me until I return. already at 41 million in new discovery so am excited about what I will have when I get back. also picking up smalldata packages that I find out here floating around.
found an interesting combo where an icy planet had a metal rich planet as a moon.... and nobody bothered to check it out. HMMMMM. lot of cash/credits being passed up by passerby explorers in a hurry to get to the neutron fields.
so until later... keep the faith and watch out for those pencilneck geeks.

yah-ta-hey
Novice
Novice

Postby yah-ta-hey » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:08 pm

starting out a new Year.... WOW!!! where to start? OK, I am headed out to SAG A* and my Asp is doing just fine, still at 100% hull, I then kinda turned a little and headed over to Colonia Way while catagorizing Class F stars and their planets... Then I entered a Neutron Field that is totally untouched by explorers so I get busy and print my little name on as many as I can ( still lots of stars untouched)... ran into a system that had 3 neutrons, 2 black holes and a white dwarf... got too close to the black holes and suffered some major hull damage. Keep forgetting that even when at 0% power... those black holes are sucking you in as an increasing rate and then POW!!!!! You are getting hit on pretty seriously. Will I never learn ??? Probably not. So I forgoe further exploration and get my little asp to colonia space. Turning in my exploration, I made 350 million credits.
So I got the dollaros but ships are expensive out in colonia( kinda like New York City) so I get a sidewinder and attack a station which got me promptly shot to pieces and a free ride back to lhs 3447. hop a sidewinder.. go to home base and get a new vessel and continue on my way. While doing some couriering.. met up with a bunch of honchos who work for bounty... (can I say: Ms Winters?). Now I am at 46% postcaptain... almost there for the big bad federal ship.
Currently running slaves at 4310/ton and a 214 ton cargo capacity ship.... not bad pay. Also while exploring.. found an ice planet that was terraformable... anyone who wants to live on an iceball????

DRPlatus
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Delorean R. Platus
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby DRPlatus » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:17 am

Just after I bought my AspX (and engineered it for 35-40LY jump range), I ran the Rares Trade Route, and the ship paid for itself in no time, and then some, especially after doing the full route (sans Shinrarta as I don't have access yet). https://i.imgur.com/lkRWdtw.jpg

yah-ta-hey
Novice
Novice

Postby yah-ta-hey » Sun May 05, 2019 4:18 pm

Greetings and happy Cinco De Mayo!!! :D
Been bumming around the galaxy doing exploration, thargoid baiting, and running rares.
Here is my most recent rare run starting at Shinrarta and ending up at Volkhab. per ton proffit:
Koro Kung Pellets: 15823
Medb Starlube: 15614
Jaradharrae Puzzle Box: 20844
leathery eggs: 25753
Shan's charis Orchid: 16520
Azure Milk: 17473
CD-75 Kitten Brand Coffee: 16474
Dismo Ma Corn: 15605
Mokojing beast feast: 15967
Orrerian Vicious Brew: 19049
Uszanian Tree Grub: 15838
Lavian Brandy: 17221
Leestian Evil Juice: 15967
The waters of Shintara: 19808
See you in the void .....

Return to “Trader Talk”