Trader Talk
Trinity Star
Master
Master
CMDR: Trinity Star
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: CEOS & SOTHIS

Postby Trinity Star » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:12 pm

Well when he wasn't UA bombing he was killing new commanders in ships he bought from profits doing Ceos/Sothis runs.

*Al*
Master
Master
CMDR: *Al*
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby *Al* » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:56 pm

VictoriaG wrote:Well when he wasn't UA bombing he was killing new commanders in ships he bought from profits doing Ceos/Sothis runs.

He's got it all covered then (and who would have guessed hypocrisy thrown in) - nice bloke..

*Al*
Master
Master
CMDR: *Al*

Postby *Al* » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:56 am

VictoriaG wrote:Well when he wasn't UA bombing he was killing new commanders in ships he bought from profits doing Ceos/Sothis runs.

Storm coming. (Watch my Karma points evaporate)

KRRONOSS
Competent
Competent
CMDR: KRRONOSS

Postby KRRONOSS » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:51 am

*Al* wrote:
KRRONOSS wrote:I've gotta give it to this guy, as much as i dont agree with what they're doing (which is irrelevant anyway), his name will go down in the "remember the Ceos/Sothis UA bombing that divided the entire E:D community" playbook.

Maybe notoriety for notoriety's sake but nonetheless, history...

Imposing his will upon others game play. Same as ganking/bullying just slightly more cowardly.

No doubt but achieved his objective...although i still made 30-40mill from Sothis the other night.
Astronomy compels the soul to look upward, and leads us from this world to another.

Plato, The Republic, 342 BCE.

Kobaal
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Kobaal

Postby Kobaal » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:48 pm

I just made the trip to Sothis in my Cobra MKIII. 88 Jumps... Needless to say, It was a long voyage! I learned about fuel scoops after I got stranded in the middle of deep space. Much of that distance between Azrael and Sothis is empty deep space. I'm still learning. There is some good info in this thread. I'll be selling my Cobra for an ASPx soon. If anyone is still hanging around Sothis feel free to add me to your friends list. In game name is Kobaal.

MadMike0082
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: MadMike0082

Postby MadMike0082 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:45 am

Kobaal wrote:I just made the trip to Sothis in my Cobra MKIII. 88 Jumps... Needless to say, It was a long voyage! I learned about fuel scoops after I got stranded in the middle of deep space. Much of that distance between Azrael and Sothis is empty deep space. I'm still learning. There is some good info in this thread. I'll be selling my Cobra for an ASPx soon. If anyone is still hanging around Sothis feel free to add me to your friends list. In game name is Kobaal.

I thought the missions were nerfed a while back ? What type of money are you seeing ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dai
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Dai Sho
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Dai » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:51 pm

Is this still a viable method for making money?
Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
--Oddball, Kelly's Heroes

MadMike0082
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: MadMike0082

Postby MadMike0082 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:58 pm

I can say that I've bookmarked several stations that had smuggling missions from 1-6 mill. So dealing with the Ceos Sothis run which is much further out from the side of space I like to be isn't worth my time unless someone shows me otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kobaal
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Kobaal

Postby Kobaal » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:30 pm

I'm new to the game so I'm not sure what constitutes "viable" profits. Right now I'm just taking all the delivery missions between Sothis and CEOS (8.9LY). I'm making about a million credits each way. I'm also ranking up my Federation Rep. I have to admit its pretty boring just going back and forth.

Right now the system is in a state of War also.

Hasaf
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: ibnhasaf

Postby Hasaf » Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:18 pm

I had a couple of days off work, so I headed out there to see what all the talk is about. I ran missions until I was allied at both Star Bases.

At that point I noticed . . . nothing. In trade kitted Anaconda, a typical two way run netted about 200-300 k. Frankly, it wasn't worth sticking around for.

Return to “Trader Talk”