JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: CEOS & SOTHIS

Postby JohnLuke » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:13 pm

Cometborne wrote:
JohnLuke wrote:Update..... I sold about $1.2mil in exploration data from just 'honk and jump' scanning during the three runs. :)

Selling that to Farseer, Martuk, or Palin helps to level up with them for the range increase on the cutter.

Yup, sold mine at Farseer today. I'm at level 4 with her and haven't done any mods yet. ;)
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Liberty Prime
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Liberty Prime
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Liberty Prime » Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:59 am

I just dragged a stripped down Python out to Sothis to alpha strike a stack of legal cargo missions back to the bubble (I'm already allied with the mission givers there). I only accepted missions that paid 200K+ per cargo unit to see what I could make with a single haul. I'm glad I did.

20 missions
267/268 cargo filled
71.4 mil

Everything about the endeavor took a long time so overall it wouldn't look too impressive to anyone calculating credits per hour. To me though, it was so much more fun than any trade loop I've done so far.

KRRONOSS
Competent
Competent
CMDR: KRRONOSS

Postby KRRONOSS » Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:24 am

JohnLuke wrote:Update..... I sold about $1.2mil in exploration data from just 'honk and jump' scanning during the three runs. :)

Wow, how did you get so much? I think i only got about 100-200k? I got rid of the scanner after the first trip though.
Astronomy compels the soul to look upward, and leads us from this world to another.

Plato, The Republic, 342 BCE.

KRRONOSS
Competent
Competent

Postby KRRONOSS » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:40 am

Liberty Prime wrote:I just dragged a stripped down Python out to Sothis to alpha strike a stack of legal cargo missions back to the bubble (I'm already allied with the mission givers there). I only accepted missions that paid 200K+ per cargo unit to see what I could make with a single haul. I'm glad I did.

20 missions
267/268 cargo filled
71.4 mil

Everything about the endeavor took a long time so overall it wouldn't look too impressive to anyone calculating credits per hour. To me though, it was so much more fun than any trade loop I've done so far.

Well done!

Even if it took you, say 5 hours (i doubt it did as you already had the rep), that's still over 14mill/hour. I'd say that's pretty darn decent. Sure, the guys that have the really big trading ships (Conda, Type 9, Cutter, Corvette) can make that easy normally trading but otherwise this is very lucrative for us "normal" people. :)
Astronomy compels the soul to look upward, and leads us from this world to another.

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly

Postby JohnLuke » Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:53 am

Kronos wrote:

Wow, how did you get so much? I think i only got about 100-200k? I got rid of the scanner after the first trip though.

I used the advanced discovery scanner on every single jump on every run. Since you're going to and from different stations in the bubble, I got a lot of data. Also, to be fair I had some data on board from the 200ly trek over to Grail Redd for the BH CG earlier in the weekend. But, the majority of that $1.2 mil was from honking while doing 3 Sothis runs.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Liberty Prime
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Liberty Prime

Postby Liberty Prime » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:23 pm

JohnLuke wrote:I used the advanced discovery scanner on every single jump on every run. Since you're going to and from different stations in the bubble, I got a lot of data. Also, to be fair I had some data on board from the 200ly trek over to Grail Redd for the BH CG earlier in the weekend. But, the majority of that $1.2 mil was from honking while doing 3 Sothis runs.

Is there a best place to sell this data once you've acquired so much?

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly

Postby JohnLuke » Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:29 pm

If you are interested in the engineers, you should sell the data at one that gives rep for it, like Farseer. If you are not looking for engineer rep, then selling in Azrael at rafferties will help the Order of Mobius.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

KRRONOSS
Competent
Competent

Postby KRRONOSS » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:21 pm

Roger that.

urFOOLISHNESS
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: urFOOLISHNESS

Postby urFOOLISHNESS » Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:48 am

My asp x has 88 t of space fully fitted for combat with 24.5 ly jump packed to the gills. Don't forget to check the outpost for missions. I just went from 3 mil to 18 mil in about 2 hours. Was interdicted a lot though. Got 4 bounties as well. Asp x is the TRUTH!

*Al*
Master
Master
CMDR: *Al*

Postby *Al* » Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:34 am

urFOOLISHNESS wrote:My asp x has 88 t of space fully fitted for combat with 24.5 ly jump packed to the gills. Don't forget to check the outpost for missions. I just went from 3 mil to 18 mil in about 2 hours. Was interdicted a lot though. Got 4 bounties as well. Asp x is the TRUTH!

Impressive! well done!

And next time you see me hail me (or at least answer) - Conda

Return to “Trader Talk”