Trader Talk
KRRONOSS
Competent
Competent
CMDR: KRRONOSS
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: CEOS & SOTHIS

Postby KRRONOSS » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:04 am

Samantha Moore wrote:Much appreciated with that link, thank you.
For when i do the long ass trek, on some of these missions. That should give me some more profit. As I can lug some rare goods along with me. So a big thank you for posting that

I thought about taking some of the rare too but only do it if you have the cargo space. The long haul missions back to the bubble worth millions are prob better value for money in most cases.
Astronomy compels the soul to look upward, and leads us from this world to another.

Plato, The Republic, 342 BCE.

KRRONOSS
Competent
Competent

Postby KRRONOSS » Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:03 am

Samantha Moore wrote:https://coriolis.io/outfit/type_6_transporter/0p5tcFbl8das8f4--06030g040447f42v242h.Iw1-kA==.Aw1-kA==?bn=Long%20Haul

Ok I think I got it. The idea with this, is of course to upgrade the frame drive to an A rated. Properly downgrade the thrusts, for weight saving. Or upgrade, which ever works better. And if I have the power for it, upgrade the shields.

Or as I should be making the cash now. Forget all of that, and get an ASP explorer

I would recommend dropping the two scanners and swapping in the fuel scoop (I know it wont scoop as fast but I think more cargo might be worth the exchange in time in this case) plus a couple of other mods:

https://coriolis.io/outfit/type_6_trans ... ong%20Haul

This gives you 84T cargo space and you can still make 10 jumps at around 160LY. You'll need to fully refuel at a star at least once plus a top up. There are enough empty systems that you can choose one that you wont get interdicted at while you sit and play around with coriolis to plan your T7 or AspX build for when you've made enough creds (which wont take long) :)

Here's my T7 build (notice that i've bought it all in LYR space and so it's much cheaper):

https://coriolis.io/outfit/type_7_trans ... =.Aw18aQ==

That's 196T cargo which i (almost) maxed out on both my trips. Let's say i filled 385 tons total. That's approx 200K/T. Not ideal in the scheme of these areas ("they" say it should be around 400-500) but I didn't want to spend them time waiting for the "ideal" missions (and it gets boring swapping between solo/open/private and refreshing, refreshing, refreshing) as I dont have that much time PLUS you're not going to get that kind of profit anywhere else (as far as I am aware anyway).

I'm thinking of going for this AspX build as an experiment to see whether it's better for distance/speed and less tonnage compared to the T7:

https://coriolis.io/outfit/asp/0pftfFfl ... =.Aw18WQ==

Still a loss of 80T but again, the extra distance etc may make up for the loss in tonnage. Still not sure...
Astronomy compels the soul to look upward, and leads us from this world to another.

Samantha Moore
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Samantha Moore

Postby Samantha Moore » Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:58 am

Thank you for that info, think I know what I need to do now
When doing the long haul back to the bubble. Do you accept a couple of mission at once?

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby JohnLuke » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:13 am

Samantha Moore wrote:When doing the long haul back to the bubble. Do you accept a couple of mission at once?

Yes, I take 4 or 5 or more, depending on cargo space and how many stops I feel like making. You're taking the time to fly 400ly, you'd might as well make it worth your while. ;)

But.... more missions can mean more interdictions, so keep that in mind.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Samantha Moore
Novice
Novice

Postby Samantha Moore » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:54 am

Thank you, i have taken 3 missions at once with my ASP-X. So will see how that turns out. All being good, that should be about 7mil

KRRONOSS
Competent
Competent

Postby KRRONOSS » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:11 am

Samantha Moore wrote:Thank you, i have taken 3 missions at once with my ASP-X. So will see how that turns out. All being good, that should be about 7mil

I filled my cargo hold with as many missions as possible. If they're going to ID you, they'll do it for 50 or 100T. Stock up! As CMDR JL says, if you're going 400LY, you may as well make it worth your while...

Samantha Moore
Novice
Novice

Postby Samantha Moore » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:24 am

I am also being a bit careful, due a bug i had last night. When docking into Ceos. For no reason what so ever, my ship just stopped when entering the station, and cancelled the docking request. And then the station blapped me. Still waiting on a reply on that bug ticket.
So do not want to overload on missions. In case I end up failing a bucket load of them

KRRONOSS
Competent
Competent

Postby KRRONOSS » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:30 am

Gee that's weird and fair enough. Otherwise - Greed is Good! :D

Samantha Moore
Novice
Novice

Postby Samantha Moore » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:45 am

Yeah I really want to go for greed right now, I am half full on 7mil. So I could go for a full load and be making about 14mil right now with my ASP-X. But oh well

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby JohnLuke » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:53 am

You're making good progress! Keep it up!
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Return to “Trader Talk”