Trader Talk
Jeffers2112
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Jasper Randall
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Finally got my Python!

Postby Jeffers2112 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:42 pm

I made a good lot of credits from my recent long exploration trip, but, when I did the sums, I didn't quite have enough to move up to a Python and have enough left for cargo and insurance.
I'd previously had a T6, which I'd quite liked, even though it looks like a flying brick.
So I got a T7, which is a BIG flying brick, although quite easy to fly.
Did a few days trading and decided that I now had enough to go for the Python. Stripped and sold the T7, and outfitted a Python as an armed merchantman. Got 228 ton cargo capacity and enough shields and armament to give any pirate a tough battle, with 20 million left in the bank for insurance and cargo.
Just into my second day with this ship I'm loving it! Very manoeuvrable for it's size, not had any problems with docking.
I've decided to go on a rares run, these used to be quite lucrative, and with the extra capacity I can carry ordinary cargo at the same time to make the trip more profitable.
Saw another CMDR for the first time in ages yesterday. I gave them a shout on text but I suspect they were AFK docked in the station as I got no response.

Skipp
Master
Master
CMDR: Skipp Doe
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Finally got my Python!

Postby Skipp » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:17 pm

I hope you've bought the ship at Diaguandri / Ray gateway because they have a permanent -15% on ships and modules :)
Even if you haven't - just go there and sell all your stuff and rebuy them after a 10min log off - you'll get your module credits back at least

Grats on the new ship. I have one myself - armed to the teeth! By far my favourite ship.
ImageImage

LionOfNarnia
Master
Master
CMDR: Lion Freeman

Postby LionOfNarnia » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:49 pm

I'm flying a T-7 brick right now, grinding the loops toward my 'thon fund - only another 20 mil to go ;)

Glad to hear you're enjoying her so far.

btw does the '2112' part of your handle refer to the greatest track ever written by a Canadian Power Trio?
"I don't always kill & eat things - but when I do it's because I'm a Lion & they were things"

Schmobius
Master
Master
CMDR: Schmobius

Postby Schmobius » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:21 pm

Jeffers2112 wrote:I made a good lot of credits from my recent long exploration trip, but, when I did the sums, I didn't quite have enough to move up to a Python and have enough left for cargo and insurance.
I'd previously had a T6, which I'd quite liked, even though it looks like a flying brick.
So I got a T7, which is a BIG flying brick, although quite easy to fly.
Did a few days trading and decided that I now had enough to go for the Python. Stripped and sold the T7, and outfitted a Python as an armed merchantman. Got 228 ton cargo capacity and enough shields and armament to give any pirate a tough battle, with 20 million left in the bank for insurance and cargo.
Just into my second day with this ship I'm loving it! Very manoeuvrable for it's size, not had any problems with docking.
I've decided to go on a rares run, these used to be quite lucrative, and with the extra capacity I can carry ordinary cargo at the same time to make the trip more profitable.
Saw another CMDR for the first time in ages yesterday. I gave them a shout on text but I suspect they were AFK docked in the station as I got no response.

Just got my Python a week or so ago, and so far loving it. Still have my eye on an Anaconda, but the SS Danger Noodle is keeping me quite happy until the day that I make my omelets with T-Rex eggs, and fill my toilet tank with Cristal, and can afford an Anaconda. Welcome to the club.

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:04 pm

Love the python, got mine somewhat combat fitted since I got the conda for trading.
And when you do get conda money (a trade fit only cost about 160 mil)

In fact I couldn't sell her off when I bought the conda, I just stripped off the expensive modules and threw a nice tarp over her, didn't take me more than a week or so and she was back and feistier and nastier than ever :)

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Jeffers2112
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Jasper Randall

Postby Jeffers2112 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:16 pm

LionOfNarnia wrote:I'm flying a T-7 brick right now, grinding the loops toward my 'thon fund - only another 20 mil to go ;)

btw does the '2112' part of your handle refer to the greatest track ever written by a Canadian Power Trio?

Nah, just my birthday in DDMM format.....

LionOfNarnia
Master
Master
CMDR: Lion Freeman

Postby LionOfNarnia » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:55 pm

Jeffers2112 wrote:
LionOfNarnia wrote:I'm flying a T-7 brick right now, grinding the loops toward my 'thon fund - only another 20 mil to go ;)

Nah, just my birthday in DDMM format.....

Ah, shame.

Just love the ending.....

"Attention all planets of the Solar Federation - We have assumed control"

;)
"I don't always kill & eat things - but when I do it's because I'm a Lion & they were things"

Schmobius
Master
Master

Postby Schmobius » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:44 am

TorTorden wrote:Love the python, got mine somewhat combat fitted since I got the conda for trading.
And when you do get conda money (a trade fit only cost about 160 mil)

In fact I couldn't sell her off when I bought the conda, I just stripped off the expensive modules and threw a nice tarp over her, didn't take me more than a week or so and she was back and feistier and nastier than ever :)

Is that 160 with or without 15% discount?

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:35 am

With discount Coriolis reports about 190-200 or so for the same fit.
I think I have linked it in the conda fittings thread.
Might also be that the discount dropped a few percentages since I got mine as well :(

But you will have a very very good python for the same amount as a bareknuckles trading conda.
I got mine mostly cause trading in a t9 just got to expensive.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Schmobius
Master
Master

Postby Schmobius » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:46 pm

TorTorden wrote:With discount Coriolis reports about 190-200 or so for the same fit.
I think I have linked it in the conda fittings thread.
Might also be that the discount dropped a few percentages since I got mine as well :(

But you will have a very very good python for the same amount as a bareknuckles trading conda.
I got mine mostly cause trading in a t9 just got to expensive.

I already have a very good Python. I think there are only 1 or 2 other upgrades I can really make to it. (I may be able to go up another level on power plant, and maybe upgrade the hull and add a shield cell bank if I want to get back into more combat than just making pirates regret interdicting me. Or at least their grieving families.)

I want to get into an Anaconda eventually, but only have about 28 mil in the bank after some of those Python upgrades, which is why I'm interested in how much a good trading or exploring Anaconda will cost at a minimum.

Return to “Trader Talk”