TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Finally got my Python!

Postby TorTorden » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:44 pm

I was using this mostly, http://coriolis.io/outfit/anaconda/08D7 ... ng%20conda

With a 15% discount it should come to just below 163 mil.
I would have about 30 mil more, both so you can have a re-buy just in case and enough to fill the hold with imperial slaves or palladium.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

blazingmaniac
Expert
Expert
CMDR: blazing

Postby blazingmaniac » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:11 pm

That sounds about right with a discount. If I recall correctly pre discount days my conda was about 175 million in trading spec with about 6 million insurance cost. So you are looking realistically about the 180 million all in for 432 tons of trading space and reasonable jump distance.

Schmobius
Master
Master
CMDR: Schmobius
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Schmobius » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:40 am

That sounds workable. Expensive, but workable.

Going to take me a while though, especially as I'm losing a night of trading to fixing web stuff at work tonight. :-(

Good thing I like my Python enough to keep me flying. Especially as I can haul around 200 tons of slaves or palladium, and laugh hysterically at pirates as I make a few extra grand off their corpses without a scratch on my hull.

blazingmaniac
Expert
Expert
CMDR: blazing

Postby blazingmaniac » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:20 am

First thing I did once I had my trading conda was to earn enough and rebuy my python :)
For me it is the most versatile ship in the game and I will always have one.

Schmobius
Master
Master

Postby Schmobius » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:04 pm

blazingmaniac wrote:First thing I did once I had my trading conda was to earn enough and rebuy my python :)
For me it is the most versatile ship in the game and I will always have one.

I kind of wish I had kept my old Cobra, maybe even the adder, for purely sentimental reasons. I did keep my asp, and there is no way in hell I am selling the python. It really feels like an actual ship, instead of a fighter that makes me wonder if it could really support a frame shift drive. But it's just maneuverable enough to be great in combat, and still make me lots of money.

LionOfNarnia
Master
Master
CMDR: Lion Freeman

The life of tryin' ;)

Postby LionOfNarnia » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:44 pm

I've joined the club!

:D

Just before midnight last night, at Kamito, I said a final - and I sincerely hope permanent - 'goodbye' to the ugly scow which despite grinding out ~55 mega-creds for me without serious incident over the last week or so, was so unpleasant to fly that it didn't even DESERVE a name :(

... and said an expectant "Well, hello there, beautiful :evil: " to a shiny-new Python - Named "Monty, of course" ;)

After an uneventful jag over to Diaguandri, and a total of 78 M lighter in the wallet, She tasted combat for the first time. A USS in a nowhere system I had hoped to find REZ in.

4 kills later, with only a 'scratch' to the outer shield, I'm feeling LIKE A GOD as I cruise back to cash in. WHAT a ship!

Maybe a bit twitchy on the landing thrusters - and for sure an incentive to master the art of f/a off - but yes, I feel at home in her chair.

I'm looking forward to lavishing many more millions on her - plus a couple of quid for a red/black paint job - over the months to come, sure in the knowledge that she will reward my generosity with sheer joy.

I'm running a slightly weird weapons loadout atm though - the mediums hold 2 C3(G) pulse lasers & the middle mount has a C3(F) beam. This is only partly due to module availability, the theory is, even if my prey spews chaff, I still have one heavy-hitter to clobber them with - as long as I can keep my bead.

Should be fun finding out if the theory holds water!

I still want to upgrade the pulses to beams though.

Current Loadout
"I don't always kill & eat things - but when I do it's because I'm a Lion & they were things"

Schmobius
Master
Master

Postby Schmobius » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:19 pm

I had 6 beams on my Asp, and overheating was a serious concern, even with the best power plant. That has me a bit hesitant to go with beams again. On my Python I run 2 large gimballed pulse, 1 large turreted pulse (on the bottom), and 2 medium burst turrets up top. I did not regret the turrets at all when first flying this ship, as I was trying to out-turn smaller ships.

I can say this though, as I've gotten a bit better at flying and learned some tricks, I just absolutely MELTED a clipper the other night when I was able to keep all 5 guns on him most of the (very short) fight, and barely took a scratch on the shields. (I do use boosters, and have an A-rated shield now though)

Point being, while I think the beams are more powerful, I'm not really hurting in that department with these smaller guns, and I have no heat or power issues. So I'm not telling you to avoid beams at all costs, I'm just saying that if you don't feel like having your weapons capacitors drained and your heat in the read zone all the time, you may want to consider an alternative. I have no intention of swapping out the beams on my Asp at the moment, especially because I can't mount large hardpoints on it (which I think makes up a lot of the difference in power here), so I'm not strictly anti-beam.

LionOfNarnia
Master
Master

Postby LionOfNarnia » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:34 pm

Yeah, after some 'field trials' at Wolf 1241 my load-out HAS changed.

I'm now sporting 3 x large gimbaled burst lasers - anything weaker than a courier just melts away at the first pass :D

I'd guess that thermal overload could still be problematical for those with a heavy index finger, but it seems manageable to me, esp when I can call upon those lovely multi-cannons to shred the internals.

I'm planning on having a few more hours of 'R&D' here (REZ farming) until I'm 'match fit' for combat again, after a month of exploring & cargo grinding, then seeking....

.... a damned good barney!

:evil:
"I don't always kill & eat things - but when I do it's because I'm a Lion & they were things"

Schmobius
Master
Master

Postby Schmobius » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:40 pm

LionOfNarnia wrote:Yeah, after some 'field trials' at Wolf 1241 my load-out HAS changed.

I'm now sporting 3 x large gimbaled burst lasers - anything weaker than a courier just melts away at the first pass :D

I'd guess that thermal overload could still be problematical for those with a heavy index finger, but it seems manageable to me, esp when I can call upon those lovely multi-cannons to shred the internals.

I'm planning on having a few more hours of 'R&D' here (REZ farming) until I'm 'match fit' for combat again, after a month of exploring & cargo grinding, then seeking....

.... a damned good barney!

:evil:

I ditched my heatsink launcher after a few runs with my setup. The only thing that gets my heat up over 57% now is fuel scooping, or combat way too close to a star.

LionOfNarnia
Master
Master

Postby LionOfNarnia » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:07 pm

I don't have a heat sink launcher...

http://coriolis.io/outfit/python/07C6B5 ... f%20course

Return to “Trader Talk”