Trader Talk
Bam
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Bam
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: How to use Trade Dangerous and TD Helper GUI

Postby Bam » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:53 am

I have just found your gui for TD after being out exploring for several months. Things have defiantly improved on the Trade Dangerous side of things.
I have noticed that I have to resubmit my login details for edapi every time I start a new session, the cookie files is present, but it always wants to make a new one, is this normal?

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Loriath » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:59 pm

It is an issue that has popped up in the last couple of weeks. They are looking to see if it is because of the EDAPI that Frontier Controls. I have found a work around that seems to work for me, but I am not sure why.

Whenever I am going to be using Trade Dangerous, I do an update first (Through the TDHelper GUI) then it seems to go through no problems. I also do this PRIOR to logging into ED. I am not sure why it works for me this way, but it does.
I will also point out that I don't use the GUI to request the EDAPI data. I use a batch file that I launch from Voice Attack, and it preforms the same command, just opens a Command Prompt Window instead of using the GUI.

The batch file contains but one command:

Code: Select all

trade.py imp -P edapi -O eddn
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

JustSomeGuy
Master
Master
CMDR: Murhapuro

Postby JustSomeGuy » Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:27 am

A couple of questions:
Do you use the script instead of TDHelper button just so that you can use voice attack to do it, no other reason?
Since Trade Dangerous can pull market, shipyard & module data and send to EDDN, doesn't that make ED Market Connector pretty much pointless? Or does EDMC do something differently?

I do use TD with the helper. I do not fear command line, but the helper just tends to be faster way to do things. Now I'm wondering if I should use TD for data import/EDDN export since it sounds it does the same thing as EDMC. That would mean one less program open on screen.

Also, I exported TD .prices files from EDMC and imported them via TDHelper with ctrl-clicking the import button, but nothing seems to happen. One more reason to drop EDMC ?

Oh, one more: If I do use TD to import/export data, and press update db button after that, will that data I just imported be overwritten (for at least couple of hours) ?

Still one more :D: If I want to check the source for any nefarious things regarding the uid/pwd combo, there is a ton of *.py files.. I would not have any idea which ones I should check, and checking all is quite a job since some have thousands of lines of code. Any tips?

And thanks for the guide, makes the game more interesting :)

Edit: EDMC seems to be the winner of the popularity contest.
http://eddn-gateway.elite-markets.net/#software

Edit part 2: Just realized that while TDHelper shows me moon bases, there are no prices and therefore I get no routes that have moon bases. For example I can put 'FACECE/Vandermeer Installation' to source, but get 'Error: No buying prices at FACECE/Vandermeer'. When checking from Inara, that place do sell stuff.
I have TD version 7.4.0. TDHelper is 1.0.7.6.
I have used TDHelper to update db, last time the commands were;
trade.py import --plug=maddavo --opt=usefull,force
trade.py import --plug=maddavo --opt=use2d,force
trade.py import --plug=maddavo --opt=use3h,force,csvs

Any tips for this problem?
I play on PC, in the Mobius PVE Eurasia group.

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath

Postby Loriath » Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:25 am

To be honest, I have not used it since before Horizons launched, but I do know that KFSONE has not been able to update the TD program and someone else has forked it. I am not even sure that the TDHelper GUI supports the planetary changes. Best is to check the Trade Dangerous thread on the main Forums.
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

JustSomeGuy
Master
Master
CMDR: Murhapuro

Postby JustSomeGuy » Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:04 pm

I think I'll let it rest for a while too, not that I was a super-active user before, but there are quite a few online options available now. But I'll take a peek once in a while out of interest :)
I'll use that market connector then. I'm using the .msi packaged version, but I guess I could take a few minutes to install the older python so I can run it from source.
I play on PC, in the Mobius PVE Eurasia group.

Return to “Trader Talk”