Troc
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Troc
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

What trading tools do you use?

Postby Troc » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:47 am

Hello CMDRs,

Share which tools you enjoy most for trading and getting the best profit.

I like to use Trade Dangerous. It is a command line driven trading tool. It takes a little to set up but works wonders.
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=34986
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=117096 <--- GUI interface for Trade Dangerous. With an active developer that takes suggestions and adds them in.

http://www.elitetradingtool.co.uk/ I like this for finding trade routes and rares.

What do you use Commander?
-CMDR Troc

clivewil
Master
Master
CMDR: clivewil + clivus

Re: What trading tools do you use?

Postby clivewil » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:25 am

i've got Slopey's BPC (Best Price Calculator) but i don't use it to set up routes etc. yet as i haven't quite figured it out, - it's quite complex, i only use it to determine item locations and popular areas.

i'll have a look into Trade Dangerous.
-- Fly safely, shoot straight, kill quickly, land softly --

Troc
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Troc

Postby Troc » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:00 am

Before I found trade dangerous and Thrudd's Trading Tools I tried using slopey's BPC but never used it to the full potential.

When im trading I always use Elite OCR, https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=68771, to update Thrudd's and my local database for trade dangerous.
-CMDR Troc

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Loriath » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:10 am

Troc wrote:Before I found trade dangerous and Thrudd's Trading Tools I tried using slopey's BPC but never used it to the full potential.

When im trading I always use Elite OCR, https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=68771, to update Thrudd's and my local database for trade dangerous.

I too use Thrudd's Tools and Elite OCR.

Since Slopey introduced Overlays into BPC I downloaded it and it has so many options that I am confused on how to do what I do simply with Thrudd's. I am sure that it has a lot of power that I would need to figure out.

I also have downloaded and am looking at Regulated Noise as it is an all in one package that has built in Automatic OCR. It also sets up a webserver that you can access on a second monitor or device as an interface to it. It looks promising, but I need to spend more time with it to get it working properly and see what it can really do.

Until then, I will continue to use Thrudd's Tools and EliteOCR to keep track of things. I also am happy that EDDN exists so that crowd sourcing the trade data is available. If a tool is not connected to EDDN, then I probably won't use it no matter how good it is.
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

Boozeman
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Boozeman

Postby Boozeman » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:56 am

Hi,

I use Trade Dangerous. I have scripted Bash-frontend for it to my Linux-box. Start Elite on Steam, so I can use it's overlay browser. Linux-box has package shell-in-a-box. It is ssh-shell web frontend. You can then figure out rest :-)

Always add new stations on TD and visit at least one of then for the trading data. EliteOCR is on use too. When importing the data with EliteOCR I always double check every lines of data before sending to EDDN and TD import.prices file.

HAMM3R
Expert
Expert
CMDR: HAMM3R

Postby HAMM3R » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:21 pm

I'm using Inara. Quite handy especially with Overwolf. (Although Overwolf's browser is rubbish. But it does the job.)
Scooping fuel is very much like making love to a beautiful woman. First check the target is hot enough,
then approach slowly. Once close enough, pull out your scoop and fill her up. After you're done just
gently pull away, turn around and leave.

Vences
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Vences

Postby Vences » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:59 pm

Inara.cz. Very handy. Never used it with Overwolf though.

Ev Tankero
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Ev Tankero

Postby Ev Tankero » Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:48 pm

Hoi!

[size=50]...well, the "electricians from down under" usually shout some more 'Hoi's out, don't they?
[/size]

Up to date, I have mostly (ab)used the Slopey's tool, occasionally cross-checking info with that on the Thrudd's tool.
Although I gave a plus and whatnot to the developer of the Inara, I have not yet even downloaded, nor installed that tool... :oops: I will give that tool a try too, eventually.

Ev Tankero

M. Kowalsky
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Matt Kowalsky

Postby M. Kowalsky » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:06 pm

there's nothing to download for Inarra, it's all web based

Niantiel
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Nian

Postby Niantiel » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:25 pm

I like qazil astro analytics but i can't see the ETA on trade data. 70% is inaccurate.
Thrudds is partially down and i simply cannot make slopey's work. It's really slow, every time asks for my ED directory and shows runtime errors.
:/

Return to “Trader Talk”