Trader Talk
Bam
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Bam
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: What trading tools do you use?

Postby Bam » Mon May 11, 2015 8:26 pm

Trade Dangerous for me. The gui mentioned by the OP is fantastic, it put my batch file programming to shame thats for sure.
For me the great benefit of TD is that when you have found a great route thats not got data on EDDN you can keep it private by just exporting a .prices file from EliteOCR.
I know its not in the spirit of the crowd sourced data, but I have submitted enough public data for a lifetime. ;-)

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Loriath » Mon May 11, 2015 9:27 pm

There are tools you can use that are local only and don't get outside data. Slopeys is one.

I use the tools now mostly to find stations based on alliances. Have not traded much lately, except rares.
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

savinup4adeathstar
Novice
Novice
CMDR: SAVINUP4ADEATHSTAR

Postby savinup4adeathstar » Mon May 11, 2015 9:32 pm

I use mostly eddb.io and thrudd's. Contribute heavily to both mostly through elite ocr

MehlLodbrok
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Mehl Lodbrok

Postby MehlLodbrok » Thu May 21, 2015 9:37 am

eddb.io

Very simple, extremely useful.

Cmdr Nsiferum
Novice
Novice

Postby Cmdr Nsiferum » Mon May 25, 2015 7:57 am

Old school myself got the book out just note down whos got what wherever im going even if im not trading seem to find routes fairly easily.

Ghaleon
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Ghaleon

Postby Ghaleon » Sat May 30, 2015 3:45 am

I use Slopey's BPC, myself, but am noticing a lot of bad data. It's not all that great at finding good routes, since people like to put in incorrect information. You can turn off auto-updates, though, so it's still easier to use than looking at Excel sheets and doing the math myself.

Might try out Inara soon. Looks promising, and with the need for accounts, it might have a function to ban players that abuse the public database.

BrocMcGregor
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Broc "Badger" McGregor

Postby BrocMcGregor » Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:17 am

I haven't really run too many general commodities, however I use the

"Trader's Bible Infographic"
http://imgur.com/gallery/QsxScn1

combined with ed-td.space or inara.cz for quick information on the systems and stations

from there, it's what one would want, vs what one normally sells - and buying below GA, and selling above it! :D

best profit I've gotten in a one-way trip was with coffee from I Bootis to Az Cancri at 1500 cr/t.

normally I run rares though, and for those I use

eliteraretrader.co.uk to map out my route (I like to change it up instead of the same-old same-old)

edshipyard.com has a wonderful route planner on the side. I use that with a saved URL for my ship to optimize the ship for the trip so I can make the longest jump without getting more fuel. To put it plainly, if my ship can't make the run, I don't do the run.

here's an example:
this is the Adder I'm currently flying - http://edshipyard.com/#/L=70f,mpV01Q0Wg ... U7OW03w5AA

which although it has the ability to haul 20T, I make sure she only has 18T to make sure she can make the run from Az Cancri to Arouca
one of ElitePVE's "Turbulent ChildrenTM"

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:30 am

Has anyone tried EDMarketConnector yet? There is a thread about it on Reddit here.

The EDMARKETConnector website is here.

Quoted from the Reddit message:

This is a new app that downloads commodity market data from the game Elite: Dangerous and, at your choice, either:
transmits the data to the Elite Dangerous Data Network ("EDDN") from where you and others can use it via online trading tools such as eddb.
saves the data to files on your computer that you can load into trading tools such as Slopey's BPC Market Tool, Trade Dangerous and Thrudd's Trading Tools.
The user-interface is deliberately minimal - when you land at a station just switch to the app and press the "Update" button to automatically download and transmit and/or save the station's commodity market data.

I started using it today instead of EliteOCR, and OMG is it fast and easy to use! Just dock at the station, tab to desktop, hit 'update' on the small program, and it exports the spreadsheet to your desired folder. I then quickly upload to Thrudds and Inara. All done in no time at all! It does need your FD login, since it gets the station data from FD. (which makes it 99.9% accurate according to the info I read).

Personally.... I love it. :D
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath

Postby Loriath » Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:07 pm

Used it extensively and liked it but no longer use it after switching to trade dangerous. It does it natively.
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

BrocMcGregor
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Broc "Badger" McGregor

Postby BrocMcGregor » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:46 pm

unfortunately for me,
I'm going to avoid the 3rd party downloaded applications. My real last name IS Murphy. And honestly, this computer I literally just got. She's worth far too much to me, particularly now as I enjoy a full sized keyboard (first one in 10 years, been with laptops since 2005), let alone Elite Dangerous itself.

It's not that I don't have faith in the people that play ED. In a lot of ways, I do here more than anywhere else. It's just the "unknown." And even with something like "adblocker" or AVG, I'm not willing to take the risk.
one of ElitePVE's "Turbulent ChildrenTM"

Return to “Trader Talk”