Trader Talk
Nanosmo
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Nanosmo
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: What trading tools do you use?

Postby Nanosmo » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:02 am

I use Thrudds mostly, Slopey's program is great if you know what your doing. But the best way is to use the tool and check it out yourself.

ELWhappo
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: ELWHAPPO SANCHEZ

Postby ELWhappo » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:34 am

I've been using the trade tools on this site.
http://eddb.io/

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Loriath » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:45 pm

I use Thrudds as well, but have been using Inara more and more.(See the Tools Button top Right of any page here)
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

Blooper01
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Angelitsa Frell

Postby Blooper01 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:31 pm

I use Thrudds as well, it can be a little outdated for some things from time to time.

Greeboski
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Greeboski

Postby Greeboski » Mon May 04, 2015 4:56 pm

hi all

this is my first post on this forum so be gentle on a noob ;)

i used sloppys tool back in beta , was ok when is used to take the data out of your systems ram but FD said no.
every other is dependent on data being gathered where you trade , and is only as acurate as whoever kindly forwarded said data (or unkindly gave wrong data).

so with that in mind i startred my own excel spredsheet .
it now can cope with a 63 station database ( IF embedment limit minus 1 ) .
you chose 2 stations and it shows goods profit both ways with a one cell max total.
retrives much usefull referance info about the 2 - like pad size , black market etc
obviously you would still need to enter the data , but once done you have a reasonable idea even if it becomes outdated you know the numberes were right

i will share as soon as i can (and notice i can) add it as an atatchment.

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Mon May 04, 2015 10:47 pm

I am also a Thrudds user, and update commodity data if it's over 1 day old when I visit each station. My rank on his webite is 'dangerous', for what that's worth. I like helping other traders by trying to keep the data accurate. ;)

I will check out the EDD website when I have more time. Thanks for the link ELWhappo. :)

Welcome to the forum, Greeboski. I commend your perseverance in tracking all of your own data in a spreadsheet. Man... I don't have the patience for that! You may already know, but in case you don't... Elite OCR is pretty awesome at exporting commodities info into spreadsheet form. It may save you some time on your data entry. Here's a link to more info about it: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=68771
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Greeboski
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Greeboski

Postby Greeboski » Mon May 04, 2015 11:18 pm

JohnLuke wrote:Welcome to the forum, Greeboski. I commend your perseverance in tracking all of your own data in a spreadsheet. Man... I don't have the patience for that! You may already know, but in case you don't... Elite OCR is pretty awesome at exporting commodities info into spreadsheet form. It may save you some time on your data entry. Here's a link to more info about it: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=68771

thank you ,

i looked at the OCR a while back .
i use another PC for my spready which is displayed via the monitor/kb/mouse next to the one i play ED on . also im an amature with spreadys and all that importing (and subsiquent reformating) looked more than my limited understanding could cope with :cry:

my ED system is also a clean system - it only has ED on , so would rather not go adding extra langs to it.

generaly once off the beaten track the price variance is very little and normaly only one or 2 comodities. checking the number of ships over the last 24 hrs is a good way to tell how stable their market should be. tho there are days when 500+ players decide to decend on a market that hadnt seen 3 ships a day in the last 4 months , i wonder how long that comodity will take to come back down in price ;)

still cant add the file for peeps :?

Philip Coutts
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Coutts

Postby Philip Coutts » Tue May 05, 2015 11:14 am

I've never used any of the tools, I feel like if I did I would be cheating myself. I prefer to do the legwork and find trade routes the good old fashioned way. I might not find the highest paying routes but I'm happy enough. Absolutely nothing against other folk using the tools it's just not for me.

Colin The Grey
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Colin The Grey

Postby Colin The Grey » Tue May 05, 2015 11:43 am

Old school here 8-)

Pen and Paper :roll:

Walter
Master
Master
CMDR: Walter Wall

Postby Walter » Tue May 05, 2015 12:29 pm

Philip Coutts wrote:I've never used any of the tools, I feel like if I did I would be cheating myself. I prefer to do the legwork and find trade routes the good old fashioned way. I might not find the highest paying routes but I'm happy enough. Absolutely nothing against other folk using the tools it's just not for me.

I entirely agree. I got fed up with shuffling scraps of paper and have been keeping log books since November. Don't know what I'm going to do if I ever invest in a Rift.

Return to “Trader Talk”