Trader Talk
Rhysling
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Rhysling
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Markets doing strange things?

Postby Rhysling » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:33 pm

Apologies if this is in the wrong place, but I thought the traders would notice this if there's something strange going on.

I'm seeing wild movement in some markets - certain low-traffic systems, not individual commodities. I've been updating Inara with market prices, and set prices for G 123-49 Herreshoff Freeport about 12 hours ago - I was a bit worried because all the prices seemed to have dropped dramatically (I always double-check I've got the right station selected in Inara when that happens!) Just went back into the game and checked the prices again, and they're back up to where they were previously. Inara's still showing my last update, so there's a direct comparison.

For example: I had to drop the price of explosives last night to 303 - now they're up at 385. Animal meat down to 1299, now back up at 1550, tea down to 1474, now back to 1744. Pretty much all the prices have risen (with the exception of Painite, which has dropped 3k.) Same commodities are available, so it's not like the system has changed allegiance overnight, and traffic hasn't increased.

Having to change Inara data by a large amount isn't unknown, but the above scenario is worrying me because it looks more like an instancing bug than genuine market fluctuation. Has anyone else noticed this, or anything similar? What I don't want to be doing is fouling up Inara with incorrect data if this is a bug.
It's easier to get forgiveness than permission.

clivewil
Master
Master
CMDR: clivewil + clivus
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Markets doing strange things?

Postby clivewil » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:01 pm

i was doing the Gliese 868 - Tiolce run yesterday and i noticed wide ranging, but repeating, changes in the price for Palladium, e.g. my profit for a 200t load went from 220k up to 327k and then back to 200k, back to 327k... this pattern repeated a few times over the course of what would have been a couple of hours or so

i'm not sure what's normal yet as i've only been trading per se for a couple of days, but this just seemed a little odd. i was expecting my profit to slowly decline as i saturated the market at the destination end.
-- Fly safely, shoot straight, kill quickly, land softly --

Return to “Trader Talk”