Average Overall Profit with Smaller Ships?

Trader Talk
Raze
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Rhaze
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Average Overall Profit with Smaller Ships?

Postby Raze » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:42 pm

Currently in a Cobra MKIII, which can be outfitted with up to 60T of Cargo Space. Tried a run the other night using Thrudds Trade Tool and make 186K on one run. THis run had 5 jumps and the time it took me to do it kinda feels like I could have gone to an RES and made at least double if not triple that amount in the same time...

Am I missing something, or is trade just SUPER low profits until you're in a T7+??
Flying with: Thrustmaster HOTAS X
Using: ASTRA and D.A.R.K from Elite Dangerous Voicepack for total immersion.
Powered by: VoiceAttack

Nanosmo
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Nanosmo

Re: Average Overall Profit with Smaller Ships?

Postby Nanosmo » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:35 pm

You want to find a route that's within a jump or two with a profit higher then 2000 credits/ton. My current run does 2800 credits/ton and I'm using a Type-6 with 100 tons of cargo, which roughly makes me 280,000 credits in about 8-10 minutes.

Trading in a Cobra MKIII you might want to fit it for Rare trading, you'll get roughly 1 Million/hr and its a perfect ship to start with that until you can afford an ASP for more rare trading or get a dedicated Type-6 or T7.

This route is what I ran in my Cobra for awhile and got some money coming in.
http://eliteraretrader.co.uk/?route=51, ... 4,6&type=1

Raze
Novice
Novice

Postby Raze » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:08 am

I've got 1.3m in the bank right now and a net worth of 2.9m so I could afford a T6 easily but I'm sketchy about commiting to it unless I know it's gonna bring in as much as RES farming :/

Nanosmo
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Nanosmo

Postby Nanosmo » Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:19 am

Yeah,

I'd hold out on the T6 until you can afford to have both ships. Better to have a trader and fighter ship that way you can switch off.

Raze
Novice
Novice

Postby Raze » Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:30 am

Nanosmo wrote:Yeah,

I'd hold out on the T6 until you can afford to have both ships. Better to have a trader and fighter ship that way you can switch off.

Yea, think I will stick with BH in RES for now until I have enough cash where losing a full load of cargo wouldn't cripple me and make me smash my PC into pieces lol

Raze
Novice
Novice

Postby Raze » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:48 am

Said to hell with it lol, took my 3.3m and bought a T6 and gave it the best I could. 17ly empty, 12ly laden which kinda sucks but gonna head to Lave and grab a cargo hold full of rares and see what going 160ly away nets me! Bought it outright so at least worst case I sell it and go back to my fully pimped Viper lol

Raze
Novice
Novice

Postby Raze » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:14 am

So my test with my T6 is as such: Found a run that is 22LY(2 jumps) each way and made me 560K/h ... That's about identical to what I was making farming Bounties in an RES in LHS 2310 the last few days.

Basically from what I can see until you can afford a giant T7+ its basically best to just make money however you want cause FD seems to have balanced it nicely lol

Also, I am realizing I am talking to myself here. lmao