Cmdr Go'Gen

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
cmdrgogen
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Go'Gen
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Cmdr Go'Gen

Postby cmdrgogen » Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:44 pm

Hi all...
Being almost 48 my bio would be too long and boring, so let's just say I chased the Constrictor with Military lasers back in '85 in past century ;) using a QuickShot II stick (this is a true age-check).
Today I transport-mission with my trusty Python, while Corvette provides me with various manufactured mats in HazRes sites.
I don't do Thargoids nor PvP.

Here's the sad part:
Playing only in PVE EURASIA since October 2018, but feels I haven't met a single hollow aquare in the bubble, ever.
So far didn't have luck with squadrons - some accept you on inara but won't let you in in-game, others accept you in-game but then there's silence... so here's my question:

- Is there any way/hint/tip what to do to meet someone in space for ocassional Hi, maybe some after-RL-work wing transport missions and similar?

Zone: CET
Bio: Inara biography
Fleet: Inara fleet
Twitter: Cmdr Go'Gen

o7

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Re: Cmdr Go'Gen

Postby JohnLuke » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:41 pm

Greetings and welcome to the forum, Commander Go'Gen.

I think the Python is a fantastic mission runner. I've been playing E-D for over 4 years, and it's still my 'go to' ship to complete nearly any mission that the board will throw at me. Glad you like it too.

For meeting other players in real time, I recommend hanging out on our Discord server, or TeamSpeak if you don't like all of the text channels. The "Wingman Wanted" as well as the "Social" channel on Discord can be good ways to strike up a conversation and wing with others when the mood strikes. Links to the servers are below.....

Feel free to add your name to our 'In game friends lists'

In game friends list for PC

Check out our Team Speak and Discord servers, which are great ways to chat, meet, and organize with other players.

We also have a Facebook group and Twitter feed.

o7
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Siobhan
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Shivvi

Postby Siobhan » Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:37 pm

Nice to see another old timer. Mine was not however a quick shot, but Acorn analogue sticks, and a BBC B Disc version.
I have a Python or two in my fleet also. It would be wrong not to, tbh. I also have a couple of cobras, kraits and other things. All good fun.

GreenViper
Master
Master
CMDR: GreenViper

Postby GreenViper » Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:15 am

Hello Commander Go'Gen.
As Commander JohnLuke says, Discord is a good place to start and meet up.
I used to wander around the Mobius systems in PVE Eurasia a lot, however since about a year and a half I moved over to Colonia and settled there so I only visit the Bubble from time to time... Colonia suits me better being a good starting point for an explorer ;)
- Cmdr GreenViper -

Forum moderator
MCRN Squadron Commander & Council member

Return to “Introductions”