CMDR SyCrix

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
SyCrix
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: SyCrix
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

CMDR SyCrix

Postby SyCrix » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:36 pm

Hi, have only been playing since last March and recently started again from scratch. I do not enjoy PvP or vehicle combat stuff in games and never have but I have patiently tried to get a grip with it in ED. I simply cannot, perhaps i am too old for my mind to take it in but I simply panic and have no idea what buttons to press or stick to move where? So i now hate it and so moved to playing Solo till I found out about this group.

Thanks for accepting my application, it just appeared today. I am out at DECIAT, getting things and engineering with Farseer at the moment and I've also unlocked Elvira Martuuk who is around this way somewhere. I want to join the MVE group but is there any point while I'm way out here ?

Cheers
o7

SyCrix
Harmless
Harmless

Re: CMDR SyCrix

Postby SyCrix » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:27 pm

I'm obviously invisible.

GreenViper
Master
Master
CMDR: GreenViper

Postby GreenViper » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:17 am

Greetings and welcome to Mobius, Commander SyCrix
Hope to meet you in the Black one day!

You can definitely play in the Mobius group, no matter how far in the Galaxy you are... heck, you can even visit Beagle point and never know who you might meet along the way.
If you ever go there, be sure to visit Colonia, my homebase for over a year now.. I only return to the bubble occasionally to attend some business... ;)

The learning curve in E-D is pretty darn steep, so be sure to ask a lot of questions. We're here to help! :)

Feel free to add your name to our 'In game friends lists'
In game friends list for PC

If you haven't requested to join yet then please see the instructions on our join page.

Check out our Team Speak and Discord servers, which are great ways to chat, meet, and organize with other players.

Also, make sure to check the Policy page if you haven't already.

On top of all of that, we also have a Facebook group and Twitter feed.

There is a lot of great info on the message board, and we have compiled a long list of Tips and Tricks to help new players acclimatize to the game while having fun.
- Cmdr GreenViper -

Forum moderator
MCRN Squadron Commander & Council member

SyCrix
Harmless
Harmless

Postby SyCrix » Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:18 pm

Many thanks
o7

Avon Sakker
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Avon Sakker

Postby Avon Sakker » Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:59 pm

Welcome CMDR SyCrix,

Fairly new to ED. I started off flying all the time in Solo but have moved over to Mobius PvE.
I currently call Ehecatl home - but I'm not there much at the moment.
Not a big fan of PvP, mainly because combat isn't my strong point :mrgreen: (maybe it's my age!)

So I'm following the Explorer route and pretty much learning as I go!
I've been out getting exploration data so sell to Farseer (just got level 5 recently) and I'm back out again in some far-flung corner of god knows where racking up a bunch of data to sell when I return ..... assuming I return!

A recent encounter with a Thargoid ship where I got scanned and lost power kind of made me realise that I'm alone out here in an unarmed ship and home is a loooong way off!

AS

SyCrix
Harmless
Harmless

Postby SyCrix » Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:55 pm

Hi Avon, thanks for replying mate.

Yeah, I'm sort of exploring and gathering, travelling toward the barnacle sites again in Pleiades systems or I might try Witch Head this time. I'm stopping off and staying to do missions, allie up with some factions so I can earn some decent cash. I am at Malanges system at the moment which is not far south of where you call home at the moment.

I count myself as having several homes! depends where I want to hang out. I'm not as far forward with engineering as you but I think I have enough for lots of upgrades, I just fancy going barnicle hunting before going back to Deciat. I also want to equip for and learn to mine a bit, I fancy the profits. I think I shall be at Malanges for a while yet though.

I'm not sure if I am excited about the new Thargoids or scared. Probably both. I've sat at barnacle sites for ages at times waiting for them to turn up may be! None ever have yet but they might at the moment. Perhaps I shall find out in the coming weeks.

Avon Sakker
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Avon Sakker

Postby Avon Sakker » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:35 pm

SyCrix wrote:Hi Avon, thanks for replying mate.
I'm not sure if I am excited about the new Thargoids or scared. Probably both. I've sat at barnacle sites for ages at times waiting for them to turn up may be! None ever have yet but they might at the moment. Perhaps I shall find out in the coming weeks.

I've done a few Barnacle sites and saw nothing, then out of curiosity I visited a 'non-human' signal source.
What I found was an eerie green haze with a couple of destroyed ships .... then suddenly!

It scanned me and my controls didn't work, then it just left ..... so I did the same :D

SyCrix
Harmless
Harmless

Postby SyCrix » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:00 am

Wow, I reckon you were lucky not to get zapped. Great picture.

Return to “Introductions”