CMDR Jehdai

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
Jehdai
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: JEHDAI
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

CMDR Jehdai

Postby Jehdai » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:40 pm

Greetings all,

My name is CMDR Jehdai. I have been playing elite since the end of 2015. Ok, that is a little misleading, I have 4 days and 15 hours of actual playtime. I still feel like I am very new to this game. I started off with a hauler doing the Zaonce rare loop. I graduated to a Type-7, and continued that loop until I had enough money to buy an Asp Explorer. Once I got my Asp, I started exploring, and I was doing the road to riches path. I think I did about 20 systems of that before I stopped playing ED for a while.

Fast forward to about 3 weeks ago, Eve wasn't doing it for me, and I booted up Elite again. I was being lazy and didn't want to drag out my X52, so I was learning how to play with the xbox controller. I continued on the new road to riches, with the new scanner system and immediately fell back in love with the game. I am currently working on my Federation rank, doing courier missions.

A week ago, I felt it was time to finally replace my X52, one of the buttons stopped working, and the joystick is super sloppy. I have only had it for like 15 years, so I was ok with replacing it. After doing what seemed like a ton of research, instead of buying a new HOTAS, I walked out of our local Best Buy with a Rift S. whoops! Elite isn't the same game anymore. I always thought my AspX was tiny. Gods no, its huge. The scale is amazing. Of course, I still need a new HOTAS, but with voice attack I can get around the bad buttons.

So a little about me, I am 39, and I am retired from the US Navy. I lived in Hawaii for most of my career, and I currently live in the Chicago/Milwaukee area. I am part of the leadership of a large MMO gaming community, Alea Iacta Est. AIE is my second love. AIE doesn't have enough people that play Elite though, so here I am.

I mainly play in solo, but I thought it would be nice to see other Commanders around without having to worry about them being jerks. I am not adverse to PVP, I do play Eve after all. I think what turned me off to open was back on my first day of ED. I wanted to dock at the station, but another commander was just sitting on the pad, for hours. After that I was like nope.

o7

CMDR Jehdai

GreenViper
Master
Master
CMDR: GreenViper
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: CMDR Jehdai

Postby GreenViper » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:40 am

Greetings and welcome to Mobius, Commander Jehdai.
Hope to meet you in the Black one day!
I'm mainly an explorer myself, and when not wandering around you can find me in Colonia in support of the MCRN.

Feel free to add your name to our 'In game friends lists'

In game friends list for PC

If you haven't requested to join yet then please see the instructions on our join page.

Check out our Team Speak and Discord servers, which are great ways to chat, meet, and organize with other players.

Also, make sure to check the Policy page if you haven't already.

On top of all of that, we also have a Facebook group and Twitter feed.

There is a lot of great info on the message board, and we have compiled a long list of Tips and Tricks to help new players acclimatize to the game while having fun.
- Cmdr GreenViper -

Forum moderator
MCRN Squadron Commander & Council member

Return to “Introductions”