Hello there! Happy new year!

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
CMDR FL. Swift
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: FL. Swift
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Hello there! Happy new year!

Postby CMDR FL. Swift » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:34 am

Hi there. Nice to meet everyone.

I picked up Elite Dangerous over the holidays because I had an age-old itch for a space sim since Tachyon: The Fringe back in the 90's. Ontop of that, I have this Vive sitting here not getting used. I've been absolutely hooked for days now, enough so that I've researched player groups and Mobius keeps coming up on top.

I'm still a greenhorn for combat, and tend to shy away from PvP in general, so this seemed perfect for me. I'm still awaiting a spot in the actual group in game, but I thought I'd give the forums a peek.

So, hello!

CMDR FL. Swift

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Re: Hello there! Happy new year!

Postby JohnLuke » Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:24 pm

Greetings and welcome to Mobius, Commander FL. Swift. You'll love E-D in VR. It's amazing!!

The learning curve in E-D is pretty darn steep, so be sure to ask a lot of questions. We're here to help! :)

Feel free to add your name to our 'In game friends lists'

In game friends list for PC

If you haven't requested to join yet then please see the instructions on our join page.

Check out our Team Speak and Discord servers, which are great ways to chat, meet, and organize with other players.

Also, make sure to check the Policy page if you haven't already.

On top of all of that, we also have a Facebook group and Twitter feed.

There is a lot of great info on the message board, and we have compiled a long list of Tips and Tricks to help new players acclimatize to the game while having fun.

Finally, if you are interested in being involved, go here to see information about our player group faction, the Order of Mobius (based at Extra Refinery station in the Azrael system).
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

SpikeWLD
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Jameson Bolmara

Postby SpikeWLD » Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:56 pm

What JohnLuke said mate and I use a Lenovo Explorer WMR headset. Elite is amazingly beautiful in VR. Enjoy and welcome.

JB

CMDR FL. Swift
Harmless
Harmless

Postby CMDR FL. Swift » Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:05 pm

Thank you for the welcomes!

And I am still learning my way around the interface, I am pretty sure I added "Mobius PvE America" as a friend, then requested to join the group. That is what the instruction page said, unless I misread it somewhere. Am I meant to add "Mobius" as well?

GreenViper
Master
Master
CMDR: GreenViper

Postby GreenViper » Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:18 pm

Welcome to Mobius CMDR Fl. Swift
Hope to meet you in the black void one day !
- Cmdr GreenViper -

Forum moderator
MCRN Squadron Commander & Council member

UnmarkedBoxcar
Master
Master
CMDR: UnmarkedBoxcar

Postby UnmarkedBoxcar » Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:30 pm

I don't have a VR headset, myself, but I've got this pretty cool Commander friend who let me try his on and nearly crash his spare Asp into a planet, once.

It. Was. Awesome.

Also, welcome : )

Keeper1st
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Keeper1st

Postby Keeper1st » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:36 am

No VR here, but do use a headtracker. I think I'd lose track of where all the buttons are on my various controllers if I had a VR headset. Buttons are mapped to the computer keyboard, my joystick of course, my G27 steering wheel and G27 shifter -- and the mouse too. Yes, I use the steering wheel to drive the SRV, the joystick to control its thrusters, and the mouse to control its turret. So I can drive or fly and shoot at the same time when in the SRV (and I pull back on the stick shifter for the handbrake).

CMDR FL. Swift
Harmless
Harmless

Postby CMDR FL. Swift » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:42 am

Oh yeah. I use a Logitech 3D Pro because I did only just get this game. So I have one hand on that, and the other on my keyboard. Thankfully I know all the keys by feel so I can type "blind". My only complaint with the VR thusfar is that the Galaxy and System maps are REALLY finnicky. You can get them to work but it's a pain. I hope they do something to address that eventually.

Keyboard, joystick and mouse is my combo.

P.S. I got my invite! See you all in space, I hope.

Return to “Introductions”