CMDR Sentarum reporting in

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
Sentarum
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Sentarum
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

CMDR Sentarum reporting in

Postby Sentarum » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:09 pm

Hi folks! I've played Elite games since a friend introduced me to Frontier on his Amiga 500 back in the 90's and I've been following ED since it was announced but, for some reason, never picked it up. Honestly no idea why. Well it was on sale for a ridiculously low amount on Steam so decided to stop faffing about and finally pick it up.

Didn't want to get ganked right out of the starting gate and a friend told me about Mobius PVE so.. here I am! I requested to join the Eurasia group as I'm in the UK and have been accepted in-game already.

I dislike flying via keyboard and mouse so picked up a HOTAS setup as I don't think the old MS Sidewinder Precision Pro 2 that's been sitting under my desk for 12 years will cope without flying apart. Unfortunately with it being Christmas and the postal service slowing to a crawl I don't think it'll be delivered until early January, so I'll be sitting in my Sidewinder (how ironic) twiddling my thumbs until then. At least I can play about with the Holo-Me.

Looking forward to hooking up my HOTAS and joining you all in the black. Once I learn how to fly properly and stop accidentally ramming into things like stations.. asteroids.. stars..

GreenViper
Master
Master
CMDR: GreenViper

Re: CMDR Sentarum reporting in

Postby GreenViper » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:16 pm

Greetings and welcome to Mobius, Commander Sentarum
Hope to meet you in the black void one day..

The learning curve in E-D is pretty darn steep, so be sure to ask a lot of questions. We're here to help! :)

Feel free to add your name to our 'In game friends lists'
In game friends list for PC

If you haven't requested to join yet then please see the instructions on our join page.

Check out our Team Speak and Discord servers, which are great ways to chat, meet, and organize with other players.

Also, make sure to check the Policy page if you haven't already.

On top of all of that, we also have a Facebook group and Twitter feed.

There is a lot of great info on the message board, and we have compiled a long list of Tips and Tricks to help new players acclimatize to the game while having fun.
- Cmdr GreenViper -

Forum moderator
MCRN Squadron Commander & Council member

Sentarum
Harmless
Harmless

Postby Sentarum » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:48 pm

Thanks GreenViper, honestly my HOTAS can't get here quick enough, I'm itching to get in and play.

Will add myself to the in game friends list.

I've been watching the excellent videos at the Galactic Academy to prepare me for learning the game.

Sentarum
Harmless
Harmless

Postby Sentarum » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:51 pm

Well well well, guess what turned up on my doorstop today!

IMG_20181223_173038_7.jpg
IMG_20181223_173038_7.jpg (185.87 KiB) Viewed 1243 times

Far earlier than expected! Woot!

I've tried the training simulations with it so far and boy this will take some getting used to, with a million and one buttons to memorise, but I did manage to land in my first space station without crashing.. and with only a tiny bit of screaming and flailing at the controls.

Return to “Introductions”