CMDR Jaxim, Reporting In

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
Jaxim
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Jaxim
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

CMDR Jaxim, Reporting In

Postby Jaxim » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:53 am

Hello everyone! I haven't been accepted yet but I wanted to introduce myself a bit while I'm waiting. I'm a huge fan of sci-fi, as I'm sure most people here are. Everything from Star Trek to BSG, and more recently The Expanse (amazing) and Altered Carbon (also amazing, but it's more noir-cyberpunk than sci-fi, though it scratches that same itch for me).

This will be my first time playing Elite, and I'm extremely excited to dive in and experience everything this game has to offer. I have no idea what kinds of things I'm going to enjoy doing the most in-game but I plan on finding out! I do want to try out PvP eventually once I get a feel for everything, but that'll obviously be on the open server. All I've done so far are most of the tutorials and some of the challenges from the main menu. The flying and combat feel so much better than the other big space games available, at least to me, and the sound design is absolutely incredible.

I can't help but feel like waiting until I'm in the group before I really dive into the actual universe though. Maybe this isn't really necessary, but I don't want the beginning of my experience to potentially be tainted by griefers. I'm not really sure if that's even common. I just hope that I submitted everything correctly. I made sure to follow the directions, so I would assume I just need to wait for the next wave of applicants to go through. :D

I must say, this is a really impressive thing that you all have going on here with Mobius. I first heard about the group from ObsidianAnt's video and I'm very glad that I did. I really appreciate the dedication that's required to keep something like this going for so long. Assuming this game sucks me in like I'm expecting, I would love to be able to help out with the group one day. Having plenty of free time is one of my specialties. :lol: I can be a bit of a loner and anti-social at times though, which is probably a bit surprising after seeing this overly long "introduction", lol.

Anyway, I look forward to flying along side some of you once I get in! Stay safe out there!
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Re: CMDR Jaxim, Reporting In

Postby JohnLuke » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:34 am

Greetings and welcome to Mobius, Commander Jaxim.

It sounds like you're on the cusp of being sucked into the E-D lifestyle. I call it a lifestyle because it can cause you to change your priorities in RL, so that you can make sure you get enough game time. 8-) I started playing when the game went live nearly 4 years ago, and still play nearly every day. E-D is amazing, but that's just my opinion.

Until your join request is approved (which can take a few days) you can start your E-D career in Solo mode to avoid the griefers. But you probably already know that.

The learning curve in E-D is pretty darn steep, so be sure to ask a lot of questions. We're here to help! :)

Feel free to add your name to our 'In game friends lists'

In game friends list for PC

Check out our Team Speak and Discord servers, which are great ways to chat, meet, and organize with other players.

Also, make sure to check the Policy page if you haven't already.

On top of all of that, we also have a Facebook group and Twitter feed.

There is a lot of great info on the message board, and we have compiled a long list of Tips and Tricks to help new players acclimatize to the game while having fun.

Finally, if you are interested in being involved, go here to see information about our player group faction, the Order of Mobius (based at Extra Refinery station in the Azrael system).
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

GreenViper
Master
Master
CMDR: GreenViper

Postby GreenViper » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:53 am

Welome to Mobius Commander Jaxim.
The great thing about ED is that you can plot your own path and evolve just the way you want it.

Hope to meet you in the black void one day !
- Cmdr GreenViper -

Forum moderator
MCRN Squadron Commander & Council member

Jaxim
Harmless
Harmless

Postby Jaxim » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:46 am

Thank you for all the useful information! I did think about starting in solo but I figured it would be worth the wait to get the full experience. I had some other great games to keep me busy in the meantime anyway. I just saw that I got approved though, so the adventure is about to begin! I'm so excited to get started! :D

I do know that there's a lot to learn, and it'll probably be a while before I have a grasp on everything, but that's part of the fun :) I'm already in discord so I'll be sure to ask either here or there if I ever have any questions. I already added my name to the friends list as well. I've been eager to get started so I did just about everything I could while I was waiting for approval :P

I'll definitely be checking out those tips and tricks as well as the Order of Mobius once I get into the swing of things.

Thanks again!
Last edited by Jaxim on Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Jaxim
Harmless
Harmless

Postby Jaxim » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:52 am

GreenViper wrote:Welome to Mobius Commander Jaxim.
The great thing about ED is that you can plot your own path and evolve just the way you want it.

Hope to meet you in the black void one day !

Thank you for the welcome :D

That sounds awesome, and I hope so as well!

GreenViper
Master
Master
CMDR: GreenViper

Postby GreenViper » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:12 pm

Jaxim wrote:That sounds awesome, and I hope so as well!

:mrgreen: Do drop me a friend request once you're in.
Take into account that admissions can take up to a few days since the admins have some real life stuff do do also ;)
- Cmdr GreenViper -

Forum moderator
MCRN Squadron Commander & Council member

Return to “Introductions”