It's a whole new WORLD!!!!!

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
Hal 9000 and Dave
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Hal 9000 and Dave
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

It's a whole new WORLD!!!!!

Postby Hal 9000 and Dave » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:19 pm

//*Initiate voice to text*

Hi Commanders,

This is Dave and his trusty sidekick Hal 9000

(I believe it is the other way around Dave)

Real funny Hal... Anyways, I just recently migrated from ps4-pro to PC.

//*capitalize ps4*
//*PC... capitalize ps*

(I didn't capitalize the ps in ps4-pro, because it was weaker. The substandard processing capabilities led to frame rate drops and frequent crashes, thus jeopardizing the mission. I could not let that happen Dave.)

//*command "rapid exhale" not recognized*

Well, I have noticed that the PC community is HUGE compared to the ps4, I.E. console doesn't have all of the utilities that you can use on PC. Which in turn makes you google things to learn how they work and then you fall down the rabbit hole and end up in a Mobius discord at 2am on a Monday while simultaneously applying to join the Mobius America group.

Alright, done joking around with the intro.
By day I'm an engineering consultant currently focused in the automotive sector (go fast parts) with past workings in aerospace (private sector) and projectile weapons (govt contract). Prior to that, a programmer, C++ and python primarily (have forgotten most of it all)

This game has captivated me for a bit now. Was on PS-4-pro for about 4 months and got tired of the constant crashes and errors.
So i built a PC, modest i7-8700/gtx1070ti build, came out to just over $1100.
(if you're curious the build list is here https://pcpartpicker.com/list/RtNGtg )

I have to say, it is NIGHT AND DAY difference. This game in true 4k resolution is so fracken beautiful its insane.

Not to mention, once i got my psvr working with it i was so excited i couldn't stop playing with my joystick.

Also, on a side note, i am fairly certain the psvr input is much lower resolution on PS4 and supersampled up to the HMD resolution.

On pc, using trinus VR. I can spit out 120hz full resolution to this thing and it doesn't even skip a beat at 1.75hmd)

Basically, im super stoked about being part of a bigger group and not just flying around solo.

Enough about me, I look forward to seeing everyone out there and learning.

GreenViper
Master
Master
CMDR: GreenViper

Re: It's a whole new WORLD!!!!!

Postby GreenViper » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:42 pm

Greetings and welcome to Mobius, Commander Hal 9000 and Dave
Good decision to migrate to PC, hope to meet you in the black void one day!

Feel free to add your name to our 'In game friends lists'

In game friends list for PC

If you haven't requested to join yet then please see the instructions on our join page.

Check out our Team Speak and Discord servers, which are great ways to chat, meet, and organize with other players.

Also, make sure to check the Policy page if you haven't already.

On top of all of that, we also have a Facebook group and Twitter feed.

There is a lot of great info on the message board, and we have compiled a long list of Tips and Tricks to help new players acclimatize to the game while having fun.
- Cmdr GreenViper -

Forum moderator
MCRN Squadron Commander & Council member

Hal 9000 and Dave
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Hal 9000 and Dave

Postby Hal 9000 and Dave » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:21 pm

out of curiosity, how long does it normally take to be approved for the pc group "mobius pve america"?

GreenViper
Master
Master
CMDR: GreenViper

Postby GreenViper » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:00 pm

I think you need to realistically count on around a week worst case since most additions are handled during weekend by the admins, RL duties come first priority.
- Cmdr GreenViper -

Forum moderator
MCRN Squadron Commander & Council member

Return to “Introductions”