CMDR Alex Yonge checking in

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
JoseyWales66
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Alex Yonge
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

CMDR Alex Yonge checking in

Postby JoseyWales66 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:05 pm

Hello all,

Been playing Elite for around 500 hours now in solo, but I decided to check out Mobius to see if space is hiding any other real human beings out there.

I don't always consider myself to be the most social person, but I'm (hopefully) not completely socially inept, and I do think it would be fun to wing up with other folks from time to time. I've avoided open because I didn't care to play target for those who get their thrills by seal-clubbing. Hopefully by this point I've progressed a little beyond the baby seal stage, but PvP still doesn't really appeal to me a whole lot right now. I enjoy some bounty hunting from time to time, but for me there is a whole lot more to this game than just combat. What I really don't want is for some neanderthal to get his/her thrills at the expense of breaking my immersion in the game. Sure, there are dangers in space in 3304, but I prefer that the dangers make sense from a gameplay/RP perspective, and that doesn't mean subjecting myself to gankers "RP'ing" the role of homicidal maniac.

I've been considering joining Mobius for a while now, but what finally spurred me into action is the impending Gnosis jump into the permit locked system. This is looking more and more like a suicide by Thargoid mission, but it also seems exciting enough that I don't want to miss out. But being perfectly honest, up to this point I haven't even seen a "living" Thargoid in-game. So I've been frantically upgrading my Krait for Thargoid fighting, and will be heading on down to the Gnosis for baptism by fire. I figured this will be the time when I definitely don't want to go it alone, so I'm hoping some other Mobius folks will have a similar idea, and maybe we'll be able to wing up and collectively make a dent in the Thargoid onslaught that I'm assuming we'll be heading into.

Anyway, looking forward to meeting some of you out in the black!
o7

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Re: CMDR Alex Yonge checking in

Postby JohnLuke » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:34 am

Greetings and welcome to Mobius, Commander Alex Yonge

Feel free to add your name to our 'In game friends lists'

In game friends list for PC

If you haven't requested to join yet then please see the instructions on our join page.

Check out our Team Speak and Discord servers, which are great ways to chat, meet, and organize with other players.

Also, make sure to check the Policy page if you haven't already.

On top of all of that, we also have a Facebook group and Twitter feed.

There is a lot of great info on the message board, and we have compiled a long list of Tips and Tricks to help new players acclimatize to the game while having fun.

Finally, if you are interested in being involved, go here to see information about our player group faction, the Order of Mobius (based at Extra Refinery station in the Azrael system).
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

GreenViper
Master
Master
CMDR: GreenViper

Re: CMDR Alex Yonge checking in

Postby GreenViper » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:06 pm

Greetings and welcome CMDR Alex Yonge