Commander Kashiwagi (dayakaizer); Requesting Permission to Dock

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
Kashiwagi
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Dayakaizer
CMDR_Platform: PlayStation

Commander Kashiwagi (dayakaizer); Requesting Permission to Dock

Postby Kashiwagi » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:13 pm

Hello everyone,

My name (real last name) is Kashiwagi. However, as I understand it, my commander name will be my PSN name (Dayakaizer).

This is the first time ever, that I will be playing Elite Dangerous (still waiting for my hotas, haven't even done the tutorials yet).
My goal is to stream this game and role play a minner's son turned trader after his father was killed by pirates in a high risk expedition, in order to send him to flight school. His first real, non simulated flight, will be the minute I start the game and take off. The tension and nervousness will be very real that way.

My goal here is to be peaceful (hence why I am here, joining this much talked about community). I have done my research very thoroughly, and know full well what I am getting into (this is the game I never knew I've always wanted). This community is perfect for my goals and agenda as a player.
My character has a rich backstory, and a flexible future path, which I will explore throughout my space career.

I hope that I can be accepted and welcomed to the universe (within a universe) that you, as a community, have created. If you would like to be integrated into my back story, and role play with me, either send me a message or improvise in-game. I will gladly respond to your energy and momentum, while staying true to my character.

This is the first time I will be role-playing this deep. I tend to play as female characters more often than not, but this way I feel I can inject a bit of myself in the character, thus making him more 3 dimensional and relatable.

As for the real me;
I am a 28 year-old ESL teacher, studying in America for my Masters Degree in English and Education. I look forward to having stimulating conversations, both real and role-play.

よろしくお願いしました
ペーター

(I look forward to working with you.
-Peter)

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Commander Kashiwagi (dayakaizer); Requesting Permission to Dock

Postby JohnLuke » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:05 pm

Greetings and welcome to Mobius, Commander Dayakaizer. You'll love using a HOTAS.... once you get it setup the way you want it. :)

The learning curve in E-D is pretty darn steep, so be sure to ask a lot of questions. We're here to help! :)

Feel free to add your name to our 'In game friends lists'

In game friends list for PS4

If you haven't requested to join yet then please see the instructions on our join page.

Check out our Team Speak and Discord servers, which are great ways to chat, meet, and organize with other players.

Also, make sure to check the Policy page if you haven't already.

On top of all of that, we also have a Facebook group and Twitter feed.

There is a lot of great info on the message board, and we have compiled a long list of Tips and Tricks to help new players acclimatize to the game while having fun.

Finally, if you are interested in being involved, go here to see information about our player group faction, the Order of Mobius (based at Rafferty's Mobius station in the Azrael system).
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Kashiwagi
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Dayakaizer
CMDR_Platform: PlayStation

Postby Kashiwagi » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:35 am

John Luke, love the name.
Thank you for all the useful information, Captain Piccard.
I will do those things post haste.

I understand the steep learning curve, it actually excites me. I've been watching Obsidiant videos in preparation, along with hotas tutorials for ED (unfortunate abbreviation). I am also going to use a keyboard. The only thing I am unsure of is how I will use my headset, as it is wired auxillary. I might very well have to buy a Bluetooth headset for my PS4, which is fine. I intend on playing this game for a very, very long time. Between this and Monster Hunter, I honestly don't need or want to play any other games; not much time to either.

Thank you again for all the useful information. The hotas and keyboard will be delivered tomorrow (June 26th) and I will likely begin playing in earnest and streaming, the following week.

See you in the void.

GreenViper
Master
Master
CMDR: GreenViper
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby GreenViper » Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:13 pm

Greetings and welcome CMDR Dayakaizer
Hope to meet you in the black void some day !
- Cmdr GreenViper -

Forum moderator
MCRN Squadron Commander & Council member

Return to “Introductions”