A new adventurer takes to the stars...

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
Penterghast
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Penterghast
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

A new adventurer takes to the stars...

Postby Penterghast » Tue May 08, 2018 6:06 pm

...And despite only having been a pilot for a short time, I have managed to experience a great deal! From my humble beginnings of carrying cargo (at times even the kind one ought not to have scanned) to voyages as an explorer into far-flung systems, I've seen and done a lot in my brief adventure. I've tangled with pirates, incited civil war(!), and even encountered the Thargoid threat in person. Now, I've come to join you in Mobius.

Fluff and roleplay aside, hello. I'm CMDR Penterghast; also known by my nom de guerre 'Eastgaard' (or simply 'East'). I am a relatively new player to Elite Dangerous and yet incumbent to Mobius itself (pending approval), but I thought I'd preempt my arrival with an introduction. I'm a long-time gamer in my mid-20s with a penchant for complex games. I'm fond of experiences that reward learning and mastery, and therefore I play a lot of both RTS- and FPS titles. My most recent catch in the vein of challenges is Elite Dangerous, and I've grown very fond of it in a short time.

There's only one problem - my typical gaming circles do not share my fascination with the game, and therefore I've had to voyage among the stars alone. I'd like to change that, and I'm introducing myself here in hopes I might find a wing or squadron to fly with. My interests in-game are quite diverse, and I'm happy to engage in anything ranging from trading to bounty hunting and even roleplay; some of the most fun I've had in my days was as a member of a ARMA 3 MilSim community, with the roleplaying context included.

I am a PC gamer and have applied to join the Eurasia server, but I keep irregular hours due to work so I'm available for play well into the night. This means I also overlap with US evening activity, and I should be able to be active on either group (and by my understanding, I can switch by request?).

If you're part of a community that might want to take me in, or you happen to know one, feel free to PM me or post a reply. I'll be around!

Until we meet - fly safely, CMDR.
Last edited by Penterghast on Tue May 08, 2018 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Re: A new adventurer takes to the stars...

Postby Xebeth » Tue May 08, 2018 7:20 pm

Greetings and welcome to Mobius, Commander Penterghast

Please feel free to add your name to our 'In game friends lists'

In game friends list for PC

If you haven't requested to join yet then please see the instructions on our join page.

Check out our TeamSpeak servers or Discord (voice and text chat) servers to easily chat with, and possibly wing up with other commanders.

Also, make sure to check the Policy page if you haven't already.

On top of all of that, we also have a Facebook group and Twitter feed.

There is a lot of great info on the message board, and we have compiled a long list of Tips and Tricks.

Finally, if you are interested in being involved, go here to see information about our player group faction, the Order of Mobius (based at Rafferty's Mobius station in the Azrael system). We have our own Order of Mobius Twitter feed.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

GreenViper
Master
Master
CMDR: GreenViper

Re: A new adventurer takes to the stars...

Postby GreenViper » Sat May 12, 2018 5:31 pm

Greetings and welcome CMDR Penterghast
Hope to meet you in the black void some day !
- Cmdr GreenViper -

Forum moderator
MCRN Squadron Commander & Council member

Return to “Introductions”