o7 Salutations, CMDRs.

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
CMDRPhaerosSjet
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Phaeros S'jet
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

o7 Salutations, CMDRs.

Postby CMDRPhaerosSjet » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:50 pm

CMDR Phaeros S'jet reporting in, intrigued by the potential that the Mobius parallel universe provides.

Quick background: I'm a 33 year old lawyer who grew up in southern California (San Diego is nice, but "America's Finest City" my ass), but who has moved to the Western Slope of Colorado. I'm a gamer, but I've never been terribly competent at the twitch elements. Still fun, though!

As the CMDR tag probably suggests, I am and have been a Homeworld fan since it released in the late 90s, and being able to play out the fighter- and corvette-class ships from a personal perspective is delightful.

It has probably been over a decade since I've played a dedicated space sim remotely similar to ED (Freespace and X-Wing vs Tie Fighter are the only ones that come to mind), though I've played Mechwarrior 3, 4, and Online between then and now.

But space travel/sims are all the rage these days, and a friend of mine introduced me to the game initially (which he found too shallow at the time, and didn't appeal to me) and recently (now that the game has expanded its horizons as is at least a few inches deeper - plenty deep to drown in, in any case).

And I'm hooked. I'm a completionist by heart, and far moreso when there's advantages to be gained, so I've already started the Engineer grind (advise for that would be lovely, particularly in the best way to get materials - as a new player, i'm always short it seems), and I suspect I'll be doing rank grinding and the like to make sure I can always do the missions I want.

I've been pretty busy making money, too (Best method I've found that actually works for me is dozens of Planetary Scan missions for 1-3 mill each), and by that, I have a Python as A'd out as I want and with the beginnings of engineering, and an Asp Explorer built entirely with Exploration in mind (and with an SRV, cuz you gotta have an SRV!).

My next goal is an Anaconda, so I'm well away from affording that, since it sounds like that'll open up at least the option for every type of gameplay (Asp for Exploration, Python for Jack of All Trade Mission Monkey, Anaconda for heavy combat and non-outpost trading).

The biggest mountain on the horizon of my gameplay, however, is the painful decision between socialized gameplay (generally preferred) and braving Open Play, and thereby risking my few-and-far-between assets. I can't afford to make new friends!

Mobius seems to be the perfect way to bridge those two issues, so here I am! Hoping to keep my interest in this game high by having more than just the one friend to play with. So far, I've reasonably enjoyed all aspects of gameplay. I want to become at least moderately competent in ship-to-ship combat, so that'll be another eventual goal, if anyone has good trips and tricks. I'm scared about turning off flight assist, but it sounds like it really helps out gameplay (particularly for the larger, less maneuverable ships).

Currently, Phaeros is Fleet Command of the following:

Python Faal-Corum (Ship ID: FALCOR... *neverending story music plays*), modular and seemingly capable of performing in almost every role required (it still can't tank a high gravity planet, but engineers are hard at work!). This ship at the moment does everything for me except exploring, so its loadout can be heavy cargo, heavy passenger, heavy weapons, heavy mining, or a mix of most things (mostly the latter... as bad as it is, I just like being able to do a little of everything in a pinch). This is Phaeros' go-to vessel.

Asp Explorer Clee-San (Ship ID: CLESAN), built almost entirely for exploration, but with weapons (because i like pewpew) and an SRV (for entertainment purposes). This is for when I need to get away from missions, materials, and everything else.

Future ships I hope to have someday (I'm aware they're not actually motherships, dreadnoughts, superheavies, carriers, destroyers, or the like - they're more thematic than precise in function):

Anaconda Kuun-Lan (KUNLAN), a heavier, better armed, more sophisticated multi-purpose/modular vessel compared to its sister ship, the Faal-Corum. When I've got specialized ships for other things, It'll be built to do a little bit of everything (mining, transport, combat, carrier, exploration, etc.), though I still need to figure out what the Siege Cannon will be.

Corvette Sajuuk (SAJUUK), a Mothership-class Dreadnought ready to inflict maximum damage at anything it points its IMMENSE SUPERLASER at. Built for, and will hopefully excel in sufficiently that my skill doesn't hold me back, combat.

Cutter Khar-Toba (KHRTBA), a Superheavy Transport that was capable of an immense journey carrying incredibly loads. For future Wing missions where a little cargo space can go a long way.

Type 10 Caal-Shto (CLSHTO), a Carrier-class ship with more speed and better handling than the more ponderous Khar-Toba while more focused than the Kuun-Lan in its role. An alternative to the Cutter.

Fleur de Lance Bushan-Re (BSHNRE), a Destroyer-class ship with immense firepower and surprising maneuverability for its class. This will be for dedicated combat where something large and ponderous isn't preferred).

There will probably also be smaller ships, too, but the Big Boys are what I get the most excited about.

Cheers, and o7

-Phaeros S'jet

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Re: o7 Salutations, CMDRs.

Postby Xebeth » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:56 pm

Greetings and welcome to Mobius, Commander Phaeros S'jet

Please feel free to add your name to our 'In game friends lists'

In game friends list for PC

If you haven't requested to join yet then please see the instructions on our join page.

Check out our TeamSpeak servers or Discord (voice and text chat) servers to easily chat with, and possibly wing up with other commanders.

Also, make sure to check the Policy page if you haven't already Image.

On top of all of that, we also have a Facebook group and Twitter feed.

There is a lot of great info on the message board, and we have compiled a long list of Tips and Tricks.

Finally, if you are interested in being involved, go here to see information about our player group faction, the Order of Mobius (based at Rafferty's Mobius station in the Azrael system). We have our own Order of Mobius Twitter feed.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

GreenViper
Master
Master
CMDR: GreenViper

Re: o7 Salutations, CMDRs.

Postby GreenViper » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:40 pm

Welcome CMDR Phaeros S'jet
Fly safe and CU in the black Void !
- Cmdr GreenViper -

Forum moderator