My Open Play experience.

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
Cryobytez
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Cryobytez
CMDR_Platform: XBOX

My Open Play experience.

Postby Cryobytez » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:34 am

I've played the game for nearly a year now and I spent all of that in solo or in a private group with friends, mainly through fear of being blown up. Well I got bored one day, I mean real bored because I reset my save data and decided to play entirely in open from then on. That lasted three hours, and in that three hours I experienced three big things.

1. A player deliberately blocking the only medium landing pad at Sothis Mining, forcing me to switch to solo.

2. An ex-player faction member boasting about killing un-armed rank grinding vessels.

3. An unshielded Diamondback griefer attempting to interdict me. (Number 2 and 3 are the same person).

It wasn't until this that I realized that I wanted the experience of talking and interacting with other commanders but hated the thought of being needlessly blown up. So here I am with Mobius, I really hope this is what I am looking for.

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: My Open Play experience.

Postby JohnLuke » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:04 pm

Greetings and welcome to Mobius, Commander Cryobytez

Feel free to add your name to one of our 'In game friends lists'

In game friends list for XBox US
In game friends list for XBox EU

If you haven't requested to join yet then please see the instructions on our join page.

Check out our Team Speak and Discord servers, which are great ways to chat, meet, and organize with other players.

Also, make sure to check the Policy page if you haven't already Image.

On top of all of that, we also have a Facebook group and Twitter feed.

There is a lot of great info on the message board, and we have compiled a long list of Tips and Tricks to help new players acclimatize to the game while having fun.

Finally, if you are interested in being involved, go here to see information about our player group faction, the Order of Mobius (based at Rafferty's Mobius station in the Azrael system).
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

uvelius
Master
Master
CMDR: Uvelius Sång
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby uvelius » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:33 pm

Quite typical for hotspots like Sothis really. And a topic since game launch ...
Though I have to say that besides at hotspots (CGs, popular trade routes, Alien sites) I seldom ran into difficulties in Open, where I am spending much of my time fuel ratting. But when I have some sensitive stuff to do, or heading somewhere very popular (due to pad blockers as you did mention), I enjoy Mobius still very much.
You should find this being a very welcoming community!

GreenViper
Master
Master
CMDR: GreenViper
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby GreenViper » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:59 am

Welcome CMDR Cryobytez
Fly safe and CU in the black Void !
- Cmdr GreenViper -

Forum moderator
MCRN Squadron Commander & Council member