Hello all, just joining my first private group (other then my own personal one). I've heard some good things about this group on Facebook and Youtube and appreciate the opportunity to play PVE with a larger group of players. I tried playing Open Play but didn't enjoy it that much. Most of the players were nice but a few were a little rude and it spoiled it a little for me.
Here is some pertinent information about my playing style.
1. I've been playing for about a month now and enjoy the game very much.
2. Being disabled I have way, way, way too much free time on my hands, so I'm on a good deal of the time and I'd prefer to play with other then alone.
3. I don't have a big ego, I don't know everything in the game, I don't think I'm a great pilot, trader, or explorer but I am learning and enjoy learning more about the game each day.
4. I like meeting new players and helping them with missions and appreciate any help I get from others.
5. I try to participate in Community Goals. I like Combat/Trading/Exploring equally. Not that interested in CQC yet. Right now I'm concentrating on exploring and ancient artifact hunting (I have my Diamondback Explorer up to 38 LY jump range).
6. I don't mind grinding once in a while to get enough credits for my next ship or to build up a current one, but it's not my primary concern. You seem to be able to make good money just through normal missions and CG events.
7. I only have 6 ships so far (Sidewinder, Imperial Eagle, FDL, Type 7, Keelback, and Diamondback Explorer) but plan on getting the Alliance Chieftain when it comes out this quarter. I'd also like to get the Imperial Cutter some day when I can qualify for it. The idea of a carrier in the game is also something I'm looking forward to, but it will probably be untouchable for me for a while.
What I like about the game:
- Frontier Development has always been great with space sims, the previous 3 Elite game (well the first was a not technically done by FD, but it was co-made by it's founder). These were outstanding games for their time and changed the space game genre. I enjoyed playing them and even downloaded them again so I could replay them. Their astronomical tracking is great and physics are really fantastic. And you can't beat the view either.
- The tutorial missions are easy to understand and I enjoyed them. I even go back and play the challenges to see if I'm getting better at them.
- The balance of play elements allows for many different styles of play, freebooter, combat pilot, trader, explorer, and pirate to name a few. You can play PVP, PVE or even Role Play if you like.
- The galaxy is so vast it's almost boggles the mind. So much to explore and enjoy. I can't see it getting old and stale anytime soon.
- Updates. Although I'm new to the game, the devs seem are doing a very good job with adding new content and fixing bugs.
- The community as a whole seems great, a lot of people, from different places and backgrounds all drawn together in a game. The player base is not too big, so I'm not noticing a lot of congestion in ports or lag (again I'm new so maybe their is some and I'm just not seeing it).
- Play-to-Win not Pay-to-Win mentality. I really like the fact that you can't buy ships or other special item (other then cosmetic). You have to earn them like everyone else. Those who backed the Beta and Alpha periods deserve the little extras they get, but they are far from game breaking in my opinion.
- My only worry is that without any monthly revenues from players (monthly fees), the only influx of cash for the company seems to be through game sales, expansions, and cosmetic purchases for your ships/avatar. I'll be honest, I'd pay a reasonable monthly fee for this game if it means that it will be around for a long time.
Well that's enough from me. Looking forward to playing with this group.