Introduction - CMDR Bob Razer

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
Bob Razer
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Bob Razer
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Introduction - CMDR Bob Razer

Postby Bob Razer » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:16 pm

*** Apologies, made post as a reply to 'Introduce yourself' instead of creating a new topic, copied here.

Hello Commanders,

My Name is Rob and my Commander name in game is Bob Razer. I have been playing E:D for over 18 months now and love it! I am based in the UK and work as a network engineer. I'm quite mature (50+) and spend far too much time in Elite :) I would like to think of myself as an explorer, and have been quite far (the other side of the galaxy) but have not yet made the commitment to visit Beagle point.. one day.. I would like to do more activities involving the Thargoid emergence, I have tried solo but they were too tough even for my big ship (they healed up too fast).

I have been mainly flying in solo for the majority of my time in Elite, I did play in open for a while but after getting ganked multiple times by well-known people in game with no seemingly valid reasons for it, other than to be cannon fodder for them, I went to solo. I did join a wing in open, great guys, but the worry of constantly spending out on re-buys and a rapidly decreasing bank balance meant I was always looking for ways to keep my head above water and was not making any tangible progress. I would like to play with others though and have thought about Mobius a few times but have never made the move, but hey, it's a new year incoming and so why not a new way of playing? I don't have much experience of wings and have never multi-crewed, both things I would like to get to do. I play in VR, and I'm not a touch typist so voice comms for me is essential.

The idea of PvP for me isn't appalling, but .. I'm primarily a PvE player, I might dabble in open from to time but I hope to spend the majority of time co-operating with others and vice-versa.

My gaming history is long and varied, but I mostly played Everquest at top end raid level for about 10 years, and also Everquest II, LOTRO and EvE Online. Before that I played a lot of games on PC like the Microprose flight sims, and before that the Atari 400 (showing my age now).

I'm not entirely sure how to apply for Mobius as I've literally just landed here and registered so I'm off to explore the forums now!

Hope to see you in game soon o7

ChiefRedCloud
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: ChiefRedCloud

Re: Introduction - CMDR Bob Razer

Postby ChiefRedCloud » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:37 pm

Good to hear from you Bob. Yea OPEN can be toxic if fun. The only place I’ve run into this ganking thing is like battlefield where almost anything goes. I turned to ArmA 2 & 3 instead real quick.

I have not been playing ED as long as you have not gone as far as you in exploring. But I do have goals and that is one of them. My name in game and on the forums is ChiefRedCloud. I go by Chief. I am part Blackfoot Indian but admired the Sioux war/peace Chief Red Cloud. So I took his name to honor him.

If you need a friend in game just let me know. But to be honest it sounds like you can teach me a thing or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob Razer
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Bob Razer

Postby Bob Razer » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:00 pm

Hey Chief, thanks for the welcome message! Well, I know a bit about outfitting an AspX or Anaconda for exploring. Currently getting around 59LY jump range from Conda but that's with 2x SRV's and a hull repair module / drones in the cargo hold. She will probably do 61LY without the option for surface exploration. But then of course you have no way to replenish the jumponium..

Thanks again for saying Hi, and I'll hopefully be around soon

DarkMere
Master
Master
CMDR: DarkMere
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby DarkMere » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:06 pm

Greetings and welcome to the group Commander Bob Razer

GreenViper
Master
Master