CMDR raorn

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
raorn
Competent
Competent
CMDR: raorn
CMDR_Platform: PlayStation

CMDR raorn

Postby raorn » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:23 am

One of the oldfags here. Big fan of original Elite (ZX Spectrum) and Elite+ (PC), didn't liked the Frontier sequels. Accidentally saw ED pre-order in PSN store this summer, it appears that game exists for about three years already (slowpoke.jpg). After couple of months of being afraid to be disappointed I bought Commander Pack for PS4...

When I was like 10 years old, we played Elite on friend's Speccy. I was awesome, but I thought "it would be cool if we have this, and have that and that". Well, good things comes to those who wait...

So far I love everything in this game. Supercruise - perfect! Same feel as flying in original game. Paying money for ship transfer - you choose if you want to do 10 jumps on your Explorer and then pay 500k and wait for 30 minutes or do 30 jumps on your Battle Station w/o Fuel Scoops (otherwise, why don't we have fast travel then?). And most of all I like that there's no "ending". Don't you hate when you play RPG, and do all sidequest, and then you have to do main questline and then you characted heroically dies saving the world, or gets crowned but all you get is some scrolling text and message "The End"? Well, here when one local war ends, there's always another somewhere.

So, I got some money, bought Cobra MK III, didn't find Military Laser, spilled couple of nostalgic tears when found Lave, Zaonce, Diso, Tionisla and others... It seemed to be so far away back then. While unlocking first engineer (Elvira Martuuk), 300ly seemed SO far away and flying out of The Bubble for the first time was very scary.

Long story short, now I'm playing for about three months, been to Sag A* and Colonia, have fleet of 6 ships. My NY present from wife will be Thrustmaster HOTAS 4 (got good deal at Amazon) and couple of days ago I bought PS plus subscription, so I can play Open/Private Group. PvP scares me a bit, so I joined you, guys.

CMDR raorn, EU PS4 (send friend requests, btw), MOBUISPVE-2 group. o7

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: CMDR raorn

Postby JohnLuke » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:57 am

Greetings and welcome to Mobius, Commander Raorn.

Feel free to add your name to one of our 'In game friends lists'

In game friends list for PC
In game friends list for XBox US
In game friends list for XBox EU
In game friends list for PS4

If you haven't requested to join yet then please see the instructions on our join page.

Check out our Team Speak and Discord servers, which are great ways to chat, meet, and organize with other players.

Also, make sure to check the Policy page if you haven't already Image.

On top of all of that, we also have a Facebook group and Twitter feed.

There is a lot of great info on the message board, and we have compiled a long list of Tips and Tricks to help new players acclimatize to the game while having fun.

Finally, if you are interested in being involved, go here to see information about our player group faction, the Order of Mobius (based at Rafferty's Mobius station in the Azrael system).
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

GreenViper
Master
Master
CMDR: GreenViper

Postby GreenViper » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:35 pm

Welcome CMDR Raorn
Fly safe and CU in the black Void !
- Cmdr GreenViper -

Forum moderator
MCRN Squadron Commander & Council member

DarkMere
Master
Master
CMDR: DarkMere

Postby DarkMere » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:48 pm

Hello and welcome to the group Commander Raorn.

Edddelos
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Edddelos

Postby Edddelos » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:23 pm

raorn wrote:
So far I love everything in this game. Supercruise - perfect! Same feel as flying in original game. Paying money for ship transfer - you choose if you want to do 10 jumps on your Explorer and then pay 500k and wait for 30 minutes or do 30 jumps on your Battle Station w/o Fuel Scoops (otherwise, why don't we have fast travel then?). And most of all I like that there's no "ending".

CMDR raorn, EU PS4 (send friend requests, btw), MOBUISPVE-2 group. o7

I don't think many players would like that idea since it seems like cheating and undermining the whole concept of exploration. But I do understand, your trying to speed-up the game.

So here goes my addition, feel free to say nay or yay to the idea or concept;

Broadcasting: A series of mirrors between Earth, Mars, and countless other destinations. In effect, it is essentially a relay transporter. Idea is borrowed from Clone Republic book series.

Think it would be best if these so called "miirors" or relay stations be limited, extremely limited to quantity, as to not ruin the game. Cost of transportation could be paid to controlling parties, say for example if one of these were in say Kini system then you pay controlling faction, price could be needed commodities of said system or closest port/station. Other mirrors could be placed for instance in Sagittarius A*, Pueliae AA-A HO, etc.

raorn
Competent
Competent
CMDR: raorn

Postby raorn » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:41 pm

Nay. I don't like the idea of instant travel no matter the cost...

Отправлено с моего Nexus 9 через Tapatalk

Return to “Introductions”