Cmdr Brooksoid

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
brooksoid
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: brooksoid
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Cmdr Brooksoid

Postby brooksoid » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:25 am

Hello Commanders,

Cmdr Brooksoid here.

Been there since the start, on my BBC Micro in the 1980s... Kickstarteed this version of the game.

I consider myself a spectacularly inefficient player - looks like I’ve spent over 6 days in the game, with very little to show for it... I find it hard to decide what to do and then do it usefully.

Right now I want to fry NPCs and get a bigger deadlier ship...

Currently trying to make my Viper Mk IV turn faster by stripping it all down - I only just understand ship builds... PvE because I’d get p0wned any other way maybe?

I play in VR and in 2D - depends.

Be good to hook up in the game for some advice sometime!

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Cmdr Brooksoid

Postby Xebeth » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:54 am

Greetings and welcome to Mobius, Commander brooksoid

Please feel free to add your name to one of our 'In game friends lists'

In game friends list for PC
In game friends list for XBox US
In game friends list for XBox EU
In game friends list for PS4

If you haven't requested to join yet then please see the instructions on our join page.

Check out our TeamSpeak servers or Discord (voice and text chat) servers to easily chat with, and possibly wing up with other commanders.

Also, make sure to check the Policy page if you haven't already Image.

On top of all of that, we also have a Facebook group and Twitter feed.

There is a lot of great info on the message board, and we have compiled a long list of Tips and Tricks.

Finally, if you are interested in being involved, go here to see information about our player group faction, the Order of Mobius (based at Rafferty's Mobius station in the Azrael system). We have our own Order of Mobius Twitter feed.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:20 am

Welcome to the group!

I also go back and forth between VR and 2D. Sometimes the Vive feels amazing, and other times I like having the "alt-tab" ability to look at other windows on my monitor while playing E-D.

Let me know if you want to wing up sometime. I do a fair amount of bounty hunting and could help you with credits and advise. I'm not in-game a whole lot anymore, but PM me if interested and we'll see if we can work out a time slot when we're both available.

Do you use voice comms?
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

DarkMere
Master
Master
CMDR: DarkMere

Postby DarkMere » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:26 am

Hello and welcome to the group Commander brooksoid

GreenViper
Master
Master
CMDR: GreenViper

Postby GreenViper » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:52 pm

Welcome CMDR Brooksoid
Fly safe and CU in the black Void !
- Cmdr GreenViper -

Forum moderator
MCRN Squadron Commander & Council member

brooksoid
Harmless
Harmless

Postby brooksoid » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:37 pm

JohnLuke wrote:Welcome to the group!
Let me know if you want to wing up sometime. I do a fair amount of bounty hunting and could help you with credits and advise. I'm not in-game a whole lot anymore, but PM me if interested and we'll see if we can work out a time slot when we're both available.
Do you use voice comms?

Hi JohnLuke. That would be great, especially the advice!
I do use voice comms, yes.

Just been trying a slimmed down Viper MK IV in a civil war combat [low] area and been killed. Then killed. Then killed again.
Then killed ONE MORE TIME.

So I'm obviously doing something wrong, and would appreciate advice on enjoying the game through combat!

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly

Postby JohnLuke » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:32 pm

brooksoid wrote:
JohnLuke wrote:Welcome to the group!
Do you use voice comms?

Hi JohnLuke. That would be great, especially the advice!
I do use voice comms, yes.

Just been trying a slimmed down Viper MK IV in a civil war combat [low] area and been killed. Then killed. Then killed again.
Then killed ONE MORE TIME.

So I'm obviously doing something wrong, and would appreciate advice on enjoying the game through combat!

Hi Brooksoid. I would recommend that you try combat in the form of killing pirates in a High-RES, or low-RES instead of fighting in a combat zone. Combat zones (CZ's) are rough and tumble places. In a RES (resource extraction site) just follow the cops and get some shots in on the wanted pirates that they are attacking, and collect the money. :) As you get more experience you can start attacking wanted ships on your own.

Some survival tips for combat zones are here, if you still want to go that route:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8071
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

brooksoid
Harmless
Harmless

Postby brooksoid » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:29 pm

JohnLuke wrote:Hi Brooksoid. I would recommend that you try combat in the form of killing pirates in a High-RES, or low-RES instead of fighting in a combat zone. Combat zones (CZ's) are rough and tumble places. In a RES (resource extraction site) just follow the cops and get some shots in on the wanted pirates that they are attacking, and collect the money. :) As you get more experience you can start attacking wanted ships on your own.

Hi JL,

Your advice is gold. I think the four rebuys yesterday were a message to me.

So, I'm going to shift back to bounties. I somehow managed a few CZs the other day unscathed, but yesterday was just embarrassing!

I've now sold the ship I did rare goods runs with (super boring) and switched to a Diamondback Scout, because the MK IV turned like a brick.

So: Novice rating in combat, one ship only, and about 8 million credits to my name is where I've got to in about 3 years... haha!

Off to get back into the bounty hunting, and try and up that credit rating...

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly

Postby JohnLuke » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:46 pm

Glad my advise is helping you out. :)
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator