"CMDR" SockFiddler

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
SockFiddler
Competent
Competent
CMDR: SockFiddler
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

"CMDR" SockFiddler

Postby SockFiddler » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:58 am

They gave me a ship and some money. And then pointed me at a place where I could get MORE money. This seems like an inherent game flaw, but until the devs catch onto the fact that they've let a lunatic loose with something that can travel faster than the speed of light AND given them the means to get bigger, faster things, I'm going to take advantage of the situation.

Thus... "Cmdr" SockFiddler is here!

14 Facts and One Lie About Me:

- Wordy.
- Often annoying.
- Grown-up, only in age.
- Often in a state of joyful, reckless abandon.
- Will come to understand the game very well, but never get good at it.
- British, from Bristol (where there proper pirates AAAARRR!)
- TERRIBLE sense of humour* (see end of post for examples of Current Funniest Jokes)
- Terrible sense of humour further worsened by finding post-joke uncomfortable silences side-achingly amusing.
- Once stole a double-decker bus while the driver hopped out to use his phone, just to see if I could. Drove it 200 yards to prove a point, then returned to my seat as if nothing had happened.
- Actually a pirate IRL. Proud Bo'sun to Capt Harry Horne, Scourge of the Floating Harbour. Got the hat and everything.
- Girl. Which shouldn't be relevant but always seems to surprise people when I rock up into Discord and start speaking.
- Big fan of internet buddies. Will become annoyingly frequent on Discord.
- Loves burping. Seriously. I can do names, the alphabet, song choruses...
- Already managed to fly and land my ship without crashing and dying!
- Will always agree to the most ridiculous, dangerous and unlikely plan.

Okay, so that's just 15 facts about me. I'll come up with some BRILLIANT lies later.

Looking forward to meeting, distracting and amusing you! Commander SockFiddler (Permanoob) reporting for duty!

Happy trails,

Sock :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyI635o2pmk

Current Funniest Jokes:

Why can't you hear pterodactyls in the toilet?
Because their "p" is silent. (Snickering wildly even as I type this)

Why do squirrels swim on their backs?
To keep their nuts dry! (Snickering rolled into full-on belly laugh at that one)
"Drink fast, die young"

"You may ask who was wearing the bow tie; me or the shark. The answer is: YES."

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: "CMDR" SockFiddler

Postby JohnLuke » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:57 am

Greetings and welcome to Mobius, Commander SockFiddler.

Loved your jokes :D

Feel free to add your name to one of our 'In game friends lists'

In game friends list for PC
In game friends list for XBox US
In game friends list for XBox EU
In game friends list for PS4

If you haven't requested to join yet then please see the instructions on our join page.

Check out our Team Speak and Discord servers, which are great ways to chat, meet, and organize with other players.

Also, make sure to check the Policy page if you haven't already Image.

On top of all of that, we also have a Facebook group and Twitter feed.

There is a lot of great info on the message board, and we have compiled a long list of Tips and Tricks to help new players acclimatize to the game while having fun.

Finally, if you are interested in being involved, go here to see information about our player group faction, the Order of Mobius (based at Rafferty's Mobius station in the Azrael system).
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

GreenViper
Master
Master
CMDR: GreenViper

Postby GreenViper » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:10 am

Welcome CMDR SockFiddler
Fly safe and CU in the black Void !
- Cmdr GreenViper -

Forum moderator
MCRN Squadron Commander & Council member

Qpidstunt
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: CMDR Qpidstunt

Postby Qpidstunt » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:01 pm

Welcome CMDR SockFiddler, brilliant... and funny introduction... you stole a double decker bus? Good experience to become an Anaconda pilot then... :D

DarkMere
Master
Master
CMDR: DarkMere

Postby DarkMere » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:56 pm

Hello and welcome to the group Commander SockFiddler.

asteconn
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: CMDR Asteconn

Postby asteconn » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:54 pm

I apologize for unleashing this person upon you all :D

SockFiddler
Competent
Competent
CMDR: SockFiddler

Postby SockFiddler » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:48 am

Not-Dave!

Not-Dave's brilliant! And he has this AMAZING voice that, when you're wearing a headset, turns the centre of your brain to mush. He's really quite fabulous and has a Twitch channel thingy and the whole bit.

Last night I was hanging out in another game (ESO) with a couple of online besties (who will ALSO be joining us here...*), having a sip of rum and getting quite merry, and I pondered whether I could fly a ship while drunk. Not-Dave had seen my early, wobbly (keyboard and mouse-guided) efforts to land in my first game session, and giggled. "You'll die" was Not-Dave's blunt assessment.

WELL I'M JUST SAYING... 3 hours later, one of us had collided with a planet and earned a bounty for an illegal kill while the other one of us had flown, landed, completed missions AND scored 8 kills while sinking 3/4 bottle of rum.

And I'm genuinely not impressed by the size of his Anaconda.

*Not-Dave's assessment of E:D with us playing regularly is this, "If the three of you will be playing Elite in the way you're playing Elder Scrolls, you're going to cause utter, utter chaos". CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!
"Drink fast, die young"

"You may ask who was wearing the bow tie; me or the shark. The answer is: YES."

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:50 am

SockFiddler wrote:Not-Dave!

Not-Dave's brilliant! And he has this AMAZING voice that, when you're wearing a headset, turns the centre of your brain to mush. He's really quite fabulous and has a Twitch channel thingy and the whole bit.

Last night I was hanging out in another game (ESO) with a couple of online besties (who will ALSO be joining us here...*), having a sip of rum and getting quite merry, and I pondered whether I could fly a ship while drunk. Not-Dave had seen my early, wobbly (keyboard and mouse-guided) efforts to land in my first game session, and giggled. "You'll die" was Not-Dave's blunt assessment.

WELL I'M JUST SAYING... 3 hours later, one of us had collided with a planet and earned a bounty for an illegal kill while the other one of us had flown, landed, completed missions AND scored 8 kills while sinking 3/4 bottle of rum.

And I'm genuinely not impressed by the size of his Anaconda.

*Not-Dave's assessment of E:D with us playing regularly is this, "If the three of you will be playing Elite in the way you're playing Elder Scrolls, you're going to cause utter, utter chaos". CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

I routinely fly drunk, in VR exclusively.
Sometimes we get so blatto some A-team members need to review the footage, if there was any, to remember what we where doing.
A noteable event was unlocking Nemo.

To set the stage, Nemo want's what the game calls cybernetic companions, *RealDolls', and we have filled eachother up with enough to do the lot in one run before I started the recording.
That was a little boring, so we got a little inebriated, and the drinking didn't stop there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLYoNsGBDCs&t=805s

At the 7 minute 20 seconds mark, I realise I'm so drunk I look to find the settlement for the engineer in my right hand panel..

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Qpidstunt
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: CMDR Qpidstunt

Postby Qpidstunt » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:55 am

Its when you load up the following day and find yourself floating around in a random area of space, not having made it back to a station, and the first thing you check is fuel levels... :D

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:55 pm

Qpidstunt wrote:Its when you load up the following day and find yourself floating around in a random area of space, not having made it back to a station, and the first thing you check is fuel levels... :D

A sign of some good times.

And done that :D

Was at least one time where I chased a bottle of red, with that last quart of whisky, suddenly it just kicked me in the head and I had log right there in the RES site :P

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Return to “Introductions”