CMDR Usquebaugh

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
DaveyWavey
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Usquebaugh
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

CMDR Usquebaugh

Postby DaveyWavey » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:54 pm

Hey all.

I joined the Mobius PvE Eurasia group several weeks ago, but real life (and general laziness) has got in the way of me introducing myself here. Until now...

I am CMDR Usquebaugh, a name born from a love of whisky and a chronic lack of imagination.

I've been playing ED since the summer of 2015, mostly in Solo, like the risk-averse scaredy-cat that I am. My original intention was to grind away in Solo until I was good enough, and flying a tough enough ship, to survive the big bad world of Open.

Two years on, after some pretty epic grind, and a lot of fun, I'm now reaching the end of my aspirations in terms of acquiring a 'tough' ship, and while I'm still not really a 'good' combat pilot, I'm not entirely green either. And yet, the promise of a well-balanced, equitable gameplay experience in Open seems to be eluding me. (Like many others, I suspect.) To elaborate: I'm not ideologically opposed to PvP in principle, but all of my experiences of it in Open have been extremely unmatched. Even in my somewhat-engineered Corvette, I still have to run away squealing from a wing of three hyper-engineered FDLs, and that pretty much sums up all of my PvP encounters -- no-one seems interested in a fair fight.

Aside from my concerns about Open, I have absolutely loved playing ED. I'm not much of a gamer, TBH, but I dabbled with the 1980s BBC Elite when I was a kid, and it's always had a special place in my heart. For most of the last couple of years, ED has enthralled me... until recently, that is.

To be honest, right now, I feel like I've run out of things to do in ED. I've got something close to my 'dream ship', plus a couple of other decent ships, and I've experienced quite a lot of the game in order to get there. (I love how the Engineers part of the game effectively forces you to try out lots of different aspects of the game in order to get the upgrades -- I'd never have bothered with mining, or exploration, or surface prospecting, otherwise.)

So, I'm looking for something new to do in the game. Maybe the whole alien/Thargoid part of the game, which I've not really explored properly so far, might re-kindle my love of ED? But at the moment, that part of the game seems to be big on lore and mystery, but low on actual gameplay. Maybe I'm misjudging it though -- please put me straight if I've got that wrong! I pretty much don't know where to start with it.

Or maybe I can find a new love for ED via a non-suicidal multi-user experience. That's where the Mobius group comes in, I guess. ;)

Anyway, that's quite a waffly intro, so I'll leave it there.

Happy to meet you, CMDRs!

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: CMDR Usquebaugh

Postby Xebeth » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:59 pm

Greetings and welcome to Mobius, Commander Usquebaugh

Please feel free to add your name to one of our 'In game friends lists'

In game friends list for PC
In game friends list for XBox US
In game friends list for XBox EU
In game friends list for PS4

If you haven't requested to join yet then please see the instructions on our join page.

Check out our TeamSpeak servers or Discord (voice and text chat) servers to easily chat with, and possibly wing up with other commanders.

Also, make sure to check the Policy page if you haven't already Image.

On top of all of that, we also have a Facebook group and Twitter feed.

There is a lot of great info on the message board, and we have compiled a long list of Tips and Tricks.

Finally, if you are interested in being involved, go here to see information about our player group faction, the Order of Mobius (based at Rafferty's Mobius station in the Azrael system). We have our own Order of Mobius Twitter feed.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

DarkMere
Master
Master
CMDR: DarkMere
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: CMDR Usquebaugh

Postby DarkMere » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:30 pm

Hello and welcome to the group Commander Usquebaugh

GreenViper
Master
Master