Introduction: CMDR Larmakosa

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
Slone
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Larmakosa
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Introduction: CMDR Larmakosa

Postby Slone » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:36 pm

Hello to you respected commanders,

I'm a french old timer of the Elite universe. I had played a little of the original Elite, on an Amstrad CPC 6128. I don't think I had been unable to survive more than two consecutive jumps with my comander at the time. Docking seemed insanely difficult to me. :? It didn't stop me from loving the game though, because of how much it sparked my imagination. :roll:

What stopped me from playing long enough to gitgud was the sale of my CPC, to get an Atari STF, which I sold quickly for an Amiga 500 (one my most beloved computers). Then a year or two later, I went back to an Atari STe 1024 with a 1Mb extension - because I was very much into music composing at the time, and the Atari STe, thanks to its built in midi interface, had become somewhat of a standard in the music industry.

That's when I bought Frontier: Elite II, the game that stripped me of most my time. I'm pretty sure there is no game I've played more than FE2. I still have the box, the books, the maps and the ticket for a t-shirt (still thinking about getting one :D). I was still playing an updated pc version based on the ST one from time to time when I finally heard of Elite:Dangerous.

I had been browsing the internet and found some early YouTube videos by SC backers playing in what looked like an FPS, walking in hangars and visiting spaceships. I loved it, and obviously I thought "if only Elite 4 was around and could do something like this...", then I went to the Frontier Development website to see if there was any news about an Elite 4 game, as I had been doing from time to time the last 15 years... :geek:

Shocked, I realized I had missed the kickstarter by a month or so :shock: (which is probably a good thing, as I would have certainly spent all my money in it :roll: ). Then I saw footages of the Alpha and Oculus Rift support, and decided to join the Premium Beta. :lol: And not too long after, I bought a an Oculus Rift DK2 (I recently gave in to the Rift's summer sale, so I'm now using the CV1 8-)). I ended buying three PB accounts (one for me, two more for my kids) to redeem myself from having missed the kickstarter, plus a mercernary edition one. :P

So I've been playing E:D from the start, but not half as much as I would want to. Probably to compensate, I keep funding it by buying compulsively mostly useless paint jobs, ship kits, bobbleheads and what not... :P I have been mostly playing in Open until now, only going Solo for the hires picture, or when I want to test something (new controllers for instance).

What my motivations are for joining Mobius private group: I've been interested in joining practically from the beginning, because sometimes, I'd like to play without worrying about having to deal with any kind of PVP encounter (although they have been pretty rare in open for me), just to enjoy the zen part of the game, yet without losing the possibilities of actual social interactions (although I suck at them in general, but I'm a nice person, rest assured). So I *finally* made the jump, filled the form, made the ig request and introduced myself here.

My current fleet:
  • Raphaelle, a Lakon Spaceway Asp Explorer
  • Black Dove, a Core Dynamics Federal Assault Ship
  • Neheb Ka, a Faulcon Delacy Python
(If curious, you can see them on my facebook gallery)

My current ranks:
  • Combat rank: 21% Deadly
  • Trading rank: 40% broker
  • Exploration rank: 40% pathfinder
  • CQC rank: whatever they call the lowest rank... :oops:

What I do in Elite:
Some exploration (nothing too big but went as low as I could with Raphaelle on the galactic plan, an interesting adventure), some bounty hunting and mercenary work if the cause seems worth it, some courier and hauling missions, and I might do some assassination missions if they don't look unethical. I have to try mining some day. I'm currently on my way to visiting some of the mysterious ancient ruins.

My daughter's current ship, the Butterfly Effect:
► Show Spoiler

My son's current ship (he hasn't named it yet, too busy with The Witcher 3 and CS:GO :x :D ),
► Show Spoiler

I'm looking forward to meet you in space.
Fly safe.

CMDR Isterio Larmakosa

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Introduction: CMDR Larmakosa

Postby Xebeth » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:04 pm

Greetings and welcome to Mobius, Commander Larmakosa

Please feel free to add your name to one of our 'In game friends lists'

In game friends list for PC
In game friends list for XBox US
In game friends list for XBox EU
In game friends list for PS4

If you haven't requested to join yet then please see the instructions on our join page.

Check out our TeamSpeak servers or Discord (voice and text chat) servers to easily chat with, and possibly wing up with other commanders.

Also, make sure to check the Policy page if you haven't already Image.

On top of all of that, we also have a Facebook group and Twitter feed.

There is a lot of great info on the message board, and we have compiled a long list of Tips and Tricks.

Finally, if you are interested in being involved, go here to see information about our player group faction, the Order of Mobius (based at Rafferty's Mobius station in the Azrael system). We have our own Order of Mobius Twitter feed.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

DarkMere
Master
Master
CMDR: DarkMere

Postby DarkMere » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:54 pm

Hello and welcome to the group Commander Larmakosa

GreenViper
Master
Master
CMDR: GreenViper

Postby GreenViper » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:59 pm

Welcome CMDR Larmakosa
Fly safe and CU in the black Void !
- Cmdr GreenViper -

Forum moderator
MCRN Squadron Commander & Council member

Slone
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Larmakosa
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Slone » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:05 pm

Thank you for your welcome, Commanders, and thanks for all the information CMDR Xebeth.

Return to “Introductions”