A really newbie Hello.

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
Ippeppe
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Pirate.Ippeppe
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

A really newbie Hello.

Postby Ippeppe » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:41 pm

Hi,

Big fan of space and gaming, and those mixed together, but new to ED. Doesn't matter, 3 days behind and I've had a blast.

I have just played solo tho, not a big fan of PvP in space games, so I guess Mobius is my way to go. Waiting for acceptance for my request, but I have read a bunch of stuff from the forum, so I'll be patient. 8-)

Anyway, glad to be here. See you in space.
Ho ho ho and a bottle of- crap my ship is totaled.

DarkMere
Master
Master
CMDR: DarkMere
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: A really newbie Hello.

Postby DarkMere » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:07 pm

Greetings and welcome Commander Ippeppe.

Orochimaru
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Orochimaruh

Postby Orochimaru » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:16 pm

Ippeppe wrote:Hi,

Big fan of space and gaming, and those mixed together, but new to ED. Doesn't matter, 3 days behind and I've had a blast.

I have just played solo tho, not a big fan of PvP in space games, so I guess Mobius is my way to go. Waiting for acceptance for my request, but I have read a bunch of stuff from the forum, so I'll be patient. 8-)

Hello and welcome!
Make the most of this forum and in case of doubt just drop a question here and our most experienced players (and that does not include me), will help you.
:)
//"ye meet orochi crazy ass vulture pilot" ^^

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:21 pm

Greetings and welcome to Mobius, Commander Pirate.Ippeppe

Please feel free to add your name to one of our 'In game friends lists'

In game friends list for PC
In game friends list for XBox US
In game friends list for XBox EU

If you haven't requested to join yet then please see the instructions on our join page.

Check out our TeamSpeak servers or Discord (voice and text chat) servers to easily chat with, and possibly wing up with other commanders.

Also, make sure to check the Policy page if you haven't already Image.

On top of all of that, we also have a Facebook group and Twitter feed.

There is a lot of great info on the message board, and we have compiled a long list of Tips and Tricks.

Finally, if you are interested in being involved, go here to see information about our player group faction, the Order of Mobius (based at Rafferty's Mobius station in the Azrael system). We have our own Order of Mobius Twitter feed.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:57 pm

Welcome to the group!

As Orochimaru said above, be sure to ask a lot of questions. We're here to help! The learning curve in E-D is VERY steep and there's no users guide. The 'tips and tricks' thread that Xebeth linked to above has a ton of great tips to get you going.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Ippeppe
Harmless
Harmless

Postby Ippeppe » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:46 am

Thank you all!

Glad to see this forum is supportive, my internet self-esteem is not so good, being bipolar and depressed doesn't help. And also not having english as my mother tongue..
(if anyone is from Finland: Hi!)

Anyway, without more kicking an open bag of leaves around:
I thought I could've lived without Horizons for awhile, getting used to the game and what not. Well that lasted these 4(?) days. Now I bought Horizons and boy oh boy, I'm just stunned how much stuff this game has.

I thought this would just be a band-aid for waiting Star Citizen, but that all has passed. Got to get a second monitor for my desktop, this game requires so much data from the net at the same time as playing it. I have been using my phone at the same time as playing but it has gotten frustrating.

Greylock3491
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Greylock3491

Postby Greylock3491 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:53 am

Ippeppe wrote:Hi,

Welcome! Glad you're having such a great time - and in the Mobius group is a great way to play it!

blazingmaniac
Expert
Expert
CMDR: blazing

Postby blazingmaniac » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:09 am

Welcome to the group, see you in the black sometime CMDR.

Ippeppe
Harmless
Harmless

Postby Ippeppe » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:08 pm

Actually one of the greatest thing about this game is the learning curve. Keeps things intetesting, while lot of the missions maybe dull, it keeps things in balance at the same time.

Hauling for some cab fare in space is relaxing and in other hand fighting for your life keeps the blood flowing, and so on.

This game is not for everyone, but it really is for me.

But my favourite games are almost all RPG or space games, so that explains it.

Where am I now: a nicely modded AIO Viper IV, capacity 16+16, surface gear (SRV), 2x small gimballed burst lasers for enemy shields, 2x medium gimballed multi-cannons after the shields are down. Havent really found my favourite weapons yet, so these have done the job ok for now. All In One ship because I just want to be capable of doing most of the stuff the game has to offer, because its all new to me.

Im at the point where I dont leave a base (if my contracts list is empty) if I dont have a (minimum) route of 3 missions or trading stops. At start it was just easy to do 1-3 missions to the same galaxy if offered, but that changed quickly after the ship started to jump some more ly.

This is my 3rd ship (sidewinder->adder->viperIV).

Money really is not an issue. What do you do with all of it? I just mod my ship and give it to station missions like some archduke of space. Peasants wanting my hard earned dough.

Relix Typhon
Master
Master
CMDR: Relix Typhon

Postby Relix Typhon » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:53 pm

More money = more spaceships!

Return to “Introductions”