Chance of running into other players

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
Ayn Otori
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Ayn Otori
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Chance of running into other players

Postby Ayn Otori » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:08 pm

Greetings CMDRS!

I am patiently waiting for my activation for Xbox One, and was wondering. What are the chances to actually running into another player? In open, I came across multiple players near stations, ancient ruins and the latest alien event at the surface. Since the numbers of player in Mobius are smaller, how big are the chances of seeing someone without having to meet up?

Thanks in advance

Neotropic2023
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Neotropic

Re: Chance of running into other players

Postby Neotropic2023 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:17 pm

I am curious as well. We all know how vast the playground is. Just curious (not that it changes anything) how often other players come across others.

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby JohnLuke » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:31 pm

I'm on PC, and have been in Mobius for quite a while. Space is .... well..... HUGE! The chance of random encounters with other humans in Mobius happens once in a while, but it's pretty rare.

But if you become involved in Order of Mobius activities, visit the engineers often, or participate in the weekly Community Goals you certainly increase your chances of running into other commanders. It's almost impossible not to find other guys at the community goal stations for sure.

Here's an example from a recent CG:

-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

yah-ta-hey
Novice
Novice
CMDR: yah-ta-hey

Postby yah-ta-hey » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:29 am

HI,
in answer to your observations:
I am on PC, Mobious pve (united states), currently in open, on every night between 6pm and 1130pm(pacific time) and am in exploration mode...18,000 lys from Jameson(my base) headed to colonia for repairs and outfitting before continuing my lonely quest. I go by Yah-Ta-Hey and would be glad to have you hookup just for chitchat. But space is BIG and you will certainly see more around centers of activity than in deep space.
Make friends where every you go... after all there are 37000 of us out here.. not all at one time and certainly not all in the same group. The majority appears to be in the mobius group(europe). good luck. Yah.
"I WISH I WAS A SPACEMAN, THE FASTEST GUY ALIVE" BUT I AINT .
with apology to fireball XL-5. :)

Pam Demonium
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Pam Demonium

Postby Pam Demonium » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:34 am

Im hangin in Colonia, so I think Im about to see more folks. So far Ive seen one other player

Ayn Otori
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Ayn Otori

Postby Ayn Otori » Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:55 pm

I just got accepted in Mobius X EU, 324 members in this private group. So is this the total amount of players in my server? Everyone is offline so that would mean that I'd never see anyone?

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:35 pm

Ayn Otori wrote:I just got accepted in Mobius X EU, 324 members in this private group. So is this the total amount of players in my server?

Yes, although they are not actually servers, just 'white lists', everyone from every group, solo, and open is there, but you only ever get instanced with the people from the group you are in.

Ayn Otori wrote:Everyone is offline so that would mean that I'd never see anyone?

Everyone always appears off-line. Our group sizes 'broke' that particular feature and FD had to disable it. The best thing too do is to add people from the friends list, and then you see your 'friends' who are on-line.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Return to “Introductions”